Sign in to follow this  
abh_jc_03

scenery conflict

I have mega scenery earth 2.0 of Iowa and at my airports the buildings will appear and disappear depending on the view I am in.  Sometimes I will be in the cockpit looking straight forward and the building will be there and then without moving the buildings will be gone.  I read somewhere online about it but didn't know if anybody knew how to fix the issue.  Airport looks bland with no hangars.  I emailed support for Megascenery over 2 weeks ago and have heard nothing so that is why I am turning to the forums now.  Thanks.

Josh Scholl

Chances are 99% that the building are "generic buildings", which are code and not model files and these will get clipped from view, especially with photo scenery. Other than replacing all generic buildings with scenery objects, there's not a whole lot that you can do, AFAIK.

would replacing the buildings be difficult?  I have never delt with an issue like this.

Josh Scholl

Define "difficult". You could decompile all the APX*.BGL files, get the coordinates for all the generic buildings, exclude them and then what? If you had scenery objects (MDL files), then you could place them where the generics were and generate new BGL files. There are solutions, if people want to do the work involved.

And fwiw, this issue isn't confined to those who use photo based work. I'm seeing it in a wide spread area where I have no photo based files. It's funny, in an odd way. I'll be at an airport, checking it out and as my viewing angle changes there might be 15 generic buildings suddenly appear. <--- serious! Some parts of the FSX world the generic building placer went a little crazy...

First of all, the airport and the airport buildings are not from MSE V2.  The airport scenery you are looking at is the default scenery or, if you have MyTrafficX installed, then the AFCAD's in that program are being used or you can also install a commercial addon.  What makes you think MSE is providing the airports and that it is their problem?

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

This is an automatic message.

This topic has been moved from "MS FSX Forum" to "The Photoreal Scenery Support Forum". This move has been done for a number of possible reasons.

• The most likely reason is that the post was off topic.
  • The topic could also have contained images or a video that were not appropriate to the original forum it was posted in.
  • The images might not have been "illustrative" or "explanatory" in nature.
  • The topic could have been moved because we deemed it to be more appropriately placed elsewhere.
Please ensure that your posts are "on topic" and contain illustrative images or videos as appropriate. Do not post videos or images just for entertainment purposes anywhere but in the screen shot or video forums. See our image posting rules here.

Members who continue to post off topic posts can be denied entry to specific forums in order to reduce and remove the practice. Your cooperation is appreciated.

Yes, I have seen this "disappear/reappear" act happen as well.  As far as I can see:

1.  Happens only at an airport where MSEv2 is activated.

2.  It depends on the angle you are looking at the airport (only from outside view I think?), when they vanish.  If I adjust my view like when I am in an outside view and use my hat switch I can make them appear/disappear upon command.

Somehow I think the photoreal is interacting with the default airport buildings.  I was gonna research this further before asking about it but since I see another poster observing this, I thought I would chime in.  I should find a location where this is happen so others can try it out.  If I recall, I think I was seeing buildings vanish at Billings, Montana using MSEv2 Montana.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

I asked a good developer buddy of mine who grapples with this issue on a daily basis. Apparently this is a FSX issue and involves the angle setting in the placement file for the object. He mentioned photoreal scenery should not have an effect on this particular issue and that it occurs regularly with a lot of default FSX scenery areas as well.

The end result is that it depends mostly on the angle of your view point in the sim to any particular building or group of buildings. There is probably more at play than just this factor however. It's not something that can be easily fixed for FSX default objects and buildings apparently?

Anyway just passing on some info from a developer.

Dean
Manager - PC Aviator Australia

Retailing Sim DVD Software, Downloads, Hardware and Accessories

Thanks for all the input.  I guess it is just another limit to FSX.  It wasn't a huge idea but I just wanted to see what others had to say about it and if they had any issues.  Looks like I am not the only one.  I am new to the photoscenery textures.  I heard they had pros and cons but I thought I would give it a shot and I know for a fact that when I had default scenery that I never had the disappearing buildings.  Never hurts to ask.  Thanks again.

Josh Scholl