Sign in to follow this  
FlyGuy42

The Next Version of Active Sky

Guys, is it possible to direct ATIS/FlightWatch (122.025 MHz) to different (not the default one) sound card?

Hi Shai,

the answer to your question is that no, it's not always the same. We actually override in certain cases the metar (because a ground base station reporting TSRA may not be able to see what's up to let's say FL350) and apply a variation of t-storm intensity (and coverage) based on sigmet info if any (e.g. SQUALL LINE is different compared to EMBD), interpolation, atmospheric conditions, temperature, latitude (e.g. tropical zone t-storms extend higher) etc.

What you saw in this case is one of our variations. The fact is that in most cases you see just "too many t-storms", is when there is an area reporting all TCU clouds as CBs (even though these are not real thunderclouds). This has been noticed in quite a few areas. In this case try checking the related option ("Prevent t-storm when CB").

T-storms is something we actually spent a lot of time during ASN development and testing. And obviously it doesn't stop here. We'll keep evolving this fixing/adjusting things as necessary. So we really appreciate your feedback on this. Thanks,

Enjoy ASN :)

Kostas Terzides

ASN developer

Kostas Terzides

devteam_bannerA.png

Thank You Andy.

I have asked about this feature few months ago, glad to have it implemented.

Cannot wait to launch my FSX rig to give the ASN a try!

Just did a few hours of flying with the PMDG 777 and ASN. Smooth as silk. Sure glad I upgraded.

To Damian and the Active Sky team, you've done a heck of a job. This is one happy customer.  B)

Regards.

have  1 more quest please

im seriously thinking of getting this   but atm i dont have a strong pc which i hope to upgrade soon

quest is if i purchase ASN and load on my current computer . am i then able to install again on the new computer later  or is that  breaching EULA meaning i have to purchase again

have  1 more quest please

im seriously thinking of getting this   but atm i dont have a strong pc which i hope to upgrade soon

quest is if i purchase ASN and load on my current computer . am i then able to install again on the new computer later  or is that  breaching EULA meaning i have to purchase again

Yes of course you can move it, just don't make a habit of doing it too often as you will run out of activations, at which point you will be required to open a support ticket to get your activations reset.

Cheers, Andy.

Using the trial period and I'm loving it! I've used Rex and Opus and would always get the wind change bug even with FSuipc but with this it's always smooth with real turbulence at times. My question is how can I get my Rex textures to work with it. I haven't found anything mentioned in the manual and I've tried loading my textures from REX both before and after opening AS Next. If I can get the textures working that would be awesome! Thanks.

Using the trial period and I'm loving it! I've used Rex and Opus and would always get the wind change bug even with FSuipc but with this it's always smooth with real turbulence at times. My question is how can I get my Rex textures to work with it. I haven't found anything mentioned in the manual and I've tried loading my textures from REX both before and after opening AS Next. If I can get the textures working that would be awesome! Thanks.

You just load your textures and asn will use them. You only need to load the rex textures once and dont have to do it again until you want to swap them out. 

Are there in ASN sharpen edges of clouds in places where they touch ground? (This issue occurs mostly in mountains) ...unless this is FSX bug...?