Sign in to follow this  
PGBosak

Found deformation at the left maingear shell during outside check.

To the devs

I noticed in the issue tracking thread that this issue has now been fixed but only the left MLG is mentioned. the right side also has a problem of the same nature but not as extreme where the mini door is protruding in the the main door. Needs re animating . plus door is wonky when open ie not flushly aligned at the top with the underside of the wing.

Both left and right need attention here.

cheers

k

Certainly not a deal breaker. I don't have the T7 but I will buy it when I am ready. I respect that opinion that the it might be difficult to model but I beat that there are things modeled in this addon that would make this look easy. I am not being critical of the product but it looks to me like that small gear bay door is quite a bit bigger than main entrance. Perhaps 20+ sqft. A Rivet is only a half inch in diameter. :biggrin: 

The gear and flap mechanisms are probably the hardest parts to animate well in a model like this

kav

Who cares anyway!

At least if flys. Come on guys  lets not rivet count now :wacko:

Springbokbullet

Last I looked this is still a hobby, and how someone exercises their hobby is personal. OP is only sharing what he discovered. I have been building scale models for over 30 years and the first thing I do is check how accurate the model kit is to the real thing, part of the hobby that makes me happy. I really don't like how people tear into other's posts just because they don't get it.

BTW, rivet counting is part of serious model building.

I was sort of lost while reading this post, perhaps readers are misinterpreting what you are trying to put across, maybe because of a lack of explanation in the first post...
Are you referring to the shape, position, or orientation? 
Because in your first post it looks like you are concerned of shape, but some replies later you are referring to the position from the main gear doors.

Regards,
Jamaljé Bassue

I remember doing a line check on a Beech 99 after it had arrived from KLGA, finding major damage to the #2 flap. I think a rampy did a boo boo, and didnt tell anyone, the first officer was flipping out, because he missed it on his post flight walk around.I told him to file a NASA report. I don't know why this thread made me recall that.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Looks like it was added to the issues tracking thread. 

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/418750-pmdg-777-issue-tracking-thread-read-before-posting/

Excellent.  And the OP is certainly not a rivet counter in my book, at least in the general community's negative connotation of the term, but rather has quite the keen eye (and does a thorough walk around)!

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM