Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

Clean Install and can't select aircraft without FSX hang

Never straight forward this hobby.

I have needed to completely remove FSX and all addons today after making a mess of it last night when playing around with Squawk Box and FSInn.

The first installation I did when I had removed FSX and all addons and traces from my machine was to install the 777. And have run straight into a wall with it.

I have had it installed on my previous installation without any trouble but today no such luck.

The product seems to install okay however, When I select the aircraft in FSX it asks me to verify PMDG_777X_3.DLL. I click Run and then....Nothing. FSX hangs. The aircraft does not appear in the window and the interface becomes totally unresponsive. just beeps at me when I click anywhere on it. 

The only way out of this dead end is to terminate FSX in Task Manager. No product activation window appears...Simply nothing. I decided to install my NGX to see if the same would happen and again the same issue. This is a completely clean install of FSX on it's own disk and with the same setup as before and has me baffled.

I have submitted a ticket but who knows how long that will take to get resolved. (not moaning about that by the  way) The thing is I have the day and evening free and would really like to get all up and running again today so I can have a day of fun tomorrow.

If anyone can help you would really be saving my bacon as it were.

Regards and thanks in advance

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I feel your pain.  Just finished reinstalling windows and FSX as well.  I would suggest uninstalling the NGX and 777, then verify FSX is running normally.  Maybe the CFG file is corrupt, try deleting it and having FSX rebuild it to a clean version. 

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

I feel your pain.  Just finished reinstalling windows and FSX as well.  I would suggest uninstalling the NGX and 777, then verify FSX is running normally.  Maybe the CFG file is corrupt, try deleting it and having FSX rebuild it to a clean version. 

Sorry should have mentioned I have done all of that countless times now.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Have you modified the fsx.cfg at all, APART from adding HIGHMEMFIX=1?

Best regards,

Robin.

Highmemfix=1

WideViewAspect=True

DisablePreload=1

That is all I have done.

The issue seems to coincide with the appearance of FNPLicensingService.exe*32 in my task manager.

I have wasted far too much of my day on this.

Guest BrianKoehler99

I had same problem and I am waiting for a 777sp1, too many issues on some pc setups.

I had same problem and I am waiting for a 777sp1, too many issues on some pc setups.

Thing is it was working yesterday.

The process is too complicated, i need a couple of days to remember and apply all settings on fresh FSX installation. After you unistalled FSX, you have uninstalled SDK too? Deleted all folders, shaders, logbook? Cleaned your registry, restarted PC...?

To avoid this kind of problems, i usualy re-install windows 7 too.

Take a look here http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

We saw this problem in the past with the NGX and earlier too and it always comes down to something on the user's system blocking that dll. (which is the TCAS system dll and has been the same since the 747 many years ago)

I had one NGX user at support who bought an identical separate hard drive and clean installed Windows and FSX on it and was able to get the file to load there, but not on his original drive. That proves to me that it's something external to the dll causing it to hang - the system hardware was the same and the the only thing that changed was the software environment. It's probably antivirus or some other kind of security software if I had to guess - we never determined for sure what it is and really we can't because there's just too many variables out there.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest BrianKoehler99

We saw this problem in the past with the NGX and earlier too and it always comes down to something on the user's system blocking that dll. (which is the TCAS system dll and has been the same since the 747 many years ago)

I had one NGX user at support who bought an identical separate hard drive and clean installed Windows and FSX on it and was able to get the file to load there, but not on his original drive. That proves to me that it's something external to the dll causing it to hang - the system hardware was the same and the the only thing that changed was the software environment. It's probably antivirus or some other kind of security software if I had to guess - we never determined for sure what it is and really we can't because there's just too many variables out there.

I'm buying a new PC just for fsx this week:  Win7 + FSX(nothing else)...I think you're right because some PC's come with pre-installed security software and other utilities that conflict with fsx.  Thanks for the info.

I am not entirely sure I understand what you are saying to me here Ryan. Sounds a bit like sorry mate but your stuck with it. Any advice on trying to find out what is blocking said .dll?

I have decided now to format the drive that fsx was installed on. Installed on by itself and try and install FSX and the aircraft again. Will report back.

The process is too complicated, i need a couple of days to remember and apply all settings on fresh FSX installation. After you unistalled FSX, you have uninstalled SDK too? Deleted all folders, shaders, logbook? Cleaned your registry, restarted PC...?

To avoid this kind of problems, i usualy re-install windows 7 too.

Take a look here http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a87/how-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-fsx.aspx

Did all the above.

Just reinstalled FSX on a fresh formatted HD and still the problem persists.

In many years of using flight sim this one really has me stumped.

Can anyone shed any light on this at all? What is blocking PMDG_777X_3.DLL? and how do I stop it doing so?

The more I work on this the more I think that PMDG_777X_3.dll is to do with activation and the reason I have spent 12 hours in front of my infernal machine is because the activation module is being prohibited by something. If that is the case I am not happy. I have been driven to fury with this problem today and my pipe smoking has gone up a gear in the pursuit of calm thinking and reduction of my bemused rage.

So far I am refusing to format my entire machine for the sake of 2 addons when everything else works fine. That said this machine was built to fly these 2 aircraft in particular. 

There have been quite a few times in my flight sim career (for want of a better word) where I have felt like tearing my hair out but not many when I have run out of ideas or not been able to find some sort of help on the web. This is one of them. As it stands I have an extremely exspensive door stop shaped like a pc tower under my desk. 

Gonna have to mark the last 24 hours as a bad FS day and hope tomorrow brings something better. The FS gods tend to be cruel for only a short while I have found.....Until the next time  ^_^

I am wondering if PMDG answer tickets on the weekend. Does anyone know? If they don't I cant see me getting a response until Monday night or Tuesday seeing as the good chaps are the other side of the waves.

Still any inputs are greatly appreciated and my gratitude to all.

Regards

Still any inputs are greatly appreciated and my gratitude to all

If that happened to me, i would disable all security on my PC. If that works, i would enable after that one by one until i find which one is the culprit.

Try to exclude security blocking, first all simultaneously - exclude FSX from antivirus scanning and share FSX drive(give full control), check that you have UAC disabled, disable DEP globaly by command prompt - just paste: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff (to enable it again - bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn), disable windows firewall and turn antivirus off. 

If that works, try to enable security features one by one until you find the problem.

I will think more about this problem and post if i get some fresh ideas :)

If that happened to me, i would disable all security on my PC. If that works, i would enable after that one by one until i find which one is the culprit.

Try to exclude security blocking, first all simultaneously - exclude FSX from antivirus scanning and share FSX drive(give full control), check that you have UAC disabled, disable DEP globaly by command prompt - just paste: bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff (to enable it again - bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOn), disable windows firewall and turn antivirus off. 

If that works, try to enable security features one by one until you find the problem.

I will think more about this problem and post if i get some fresh ideas :)

Thank you Zeljko. I have tried all the above apart from disabling DEP and that did not work either.

Something I did just try which did work but is of no use to me is this........

Quite a long time ago i used Command prompt to create a separate log on. That is to say when my machine starts I have 2 log on options. My main log in which is the original form my windows installation and one named administrator. When I log into the admin one and start fsx the plane loads fine.

I have no idea why I needed to do that all that time ago but I did and at least confirms what Ryan said about it being a change of software environment. I just need to somehow find the block and clear it but I must say it is wearing me down.

regards