Sign in to follow this  
matt127

Need help with fuel calculations

I use vroute premium to calculate fuel. I have entered my payload information into the FMC as follows:

FIRST CLASS

13/14

BUSINESS CLASS

43/48

ECONOMY CLASS

154/172

FWD/AFT CARGO

37570/22620

BULK CARGO

How do I find out the payload weight, so that I can enter this into vroute premium to calculate my trip fuel?

Also, is there a feature on the PMDG 777 that will automatically calculate fuel needed (taking extra fuel into consideration, alternate airport etc...) based on my route and payload information?

Many Thanks

You can use the cdu to calculate fuel as described in the tutorials.

I use simbrief.com for fuel calcs, it does a very good job. Just enter your plan, alternate and zfw. Even better if you use the wind data request function in the cdu from a weather program like Opus or AS2012. :)

I don't think Vroute had PMDG 777 yet.

Either which way, the more you get use to the PMDG T7 the more you can either guess your weight or put FSX in window mode and work between FSX and vroute......

I wish that PMDG came with a fuel planner......charged enough money!

I use vroute premium to calculate fuel. I have entered my payload information into the FMC as follows:

FIRST CLASS

13/14

BUSINESS CLASS

43/48

ECONOMY CLASS

154/172

FWD/AFT CARGO

37570/22620

BULK CARGO

How do I find out the payload weight, so that I can enter this into vroute premium to calculate my trip fuel?

Also, is there a feature on the PMDG 777 that will automatically calculate fuel needed (taking extra fuel into consideration, alternate airport etc...) based on my route and payload information?

Many Thanks

Working in kilos, subtract the OEW (Operating Empty Weight) of 145.1 tonnes from your ZFW. This will give you your payload in Vroute. Max ZFW is 209.1 tonnes.

Working in kilos, subtract the OEW (Operating Empty Weight) of 145.1 tonnes from your ZFW. This will give you your payload in Vroute. Max ZFW is 209.1 tonnes.

Thank you very much. I am now using this method. I prefer vroute to any other fuel calculator, always used it and it hasn't ever once failed me :)

Thank you very much. I am now using this method. I prefer vroute to any other fuel calculator, always used it and it hasn't ever once failed me :)

I've just signed up to Vroute, the payload weight got me confused at first.

Can I ask you Matt, I'm having trouble with the route map in the waypoint section in that when I scroll around the map it becomes distorted and gets jumbled up etc. Are you having this problem or know of a fix? I've sent an E-Mail to their help line.

I'm with Mattias. I use simbrief.com. It is free, although you do have to create an account. It will even allow you to "activate" a navigraph.com AIRAC cycle so that the navdata you are using on their site stays up to date (needs a navigraph subscription, of course). I find the dispatch flight plan very nice indeed. I've said this before, but if you look at the Air Canada 777-300ER DVD by JustPlanes, you will see a point where the captain is logging fuel and time over each waypoint on a plain text nav log and then writing the fuel difference out to the side. The output nav pages from the simbrief plan is identical to this. I find it very engaging on the long haul flights to record my total time and fuel remaining at each waypoint I pass. I'm very impressed with how close the calculations from simbrief are compared to what I am actually seeing in the sim. The dispatch paperwork that simbrief supplies is very nice (in that dead-plain text just like the RW stuff kind of way).

I'm with Mattias. I use simbrief.com. It is free, although you do have to create an account. It will even allow you to "activate" a navigraph.com AIRAC cycle so that the navdata you are using on their site stays up to date (needs a navigraph subscription, of course). I find the dispatch flight plan very nice indeed. I've said this before, but if you look at the Air Canada 777-300ER DVD by JustPlanes, you will see a point where the captain is logging fuel and time over each waypoint on a plain text nav log and then writing the fuel difference out to the side. The output nav pages from the simbrief plan is identical to this. I find it very engaging on the long haul flights to record my total time and fuel remaining at each waypoint I pass. I'm very impressed with how close the calculations from simbrief are compared to what I am actually seeing in the sim. The dispatch paperwork that simbrief supplies is very nice (in that dead-plain text just like the RW stuff kind of way).

+1

Thanks to this post, I found a great flight planning site. Thanks

I've just signed up to Vroute, the payload weight got me confused at first.

Can I ask you Matt, I'm having trouble with the route map in the waypoint section in that when I scroll around the map it becomes distorted and gets jumbled up etc. Are you having this problem or know of a fix? I've sent an E-Mail to their help line.

Hi Tony, sorry for the late reply and no I don't have that problem. I'm not sure on a fix, I would suggest emailing them, they normally reply pretty quickly, have emailed them before!