Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rockliffe

No Vsync with DX10 Fixer

I have spent over six hours trying to get my Vsync to work with the new DX10 fixer, but I'm slowly beginning to think that it will not work with two montiors in fullscreen mode. Can someone PLEASE confirm this or otherwise. If not, then surely there must be some fix or something. I am receiving a lot of well intentioned advice from people, but am getting nowhere fast. Thanks fellas... BTW, I have followed all the correct suggestions and procedures ie, remove fullscreenvsync from the cfg, add disablepreload, and run 1/2 refresh rate in NI and lock at 30fps.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Rocky - I followed your private little nightmare with some interest, but I'm running TH2Go, and a single card (in full screen), and so of course I have no problems.... 

From what I've read - your system has two monitors, both of which are different sizes, with different resolutions and you want them both in full screen mode while displaying the flying part on one monitor, and two or three apps on the other, but in full screen. Is this a correct understanding?

If that is the case, I can only suggest trying the "faux fullscreen" - i.e. "borderless windowed mode". This should work, but having read all of the other things you've tried - this is the only one which I think may work.. I have to say - I have no experience of this, but a quick Google (on that mode quoted back a line or two) will find at least two apps that do this - mostly used by gamers, and a number of YouTube video's.

Cheesh - I hope this will help!   :(  

Rocky - I followed your private little nightmare with some interest, but I'm running TH2Go, and a single card (in full screen), and so of course I have no problems.... 

From what I've read - your system has two monitors, both of which are different sizes, with different resolutions and you want them both in full screen mode while displaying the flying part on one monitor, and two or three apps on the other, but in full screen. Is this a correct understanding?

If that is the case, I can only suggest trying the "faux fullscreen" - i.e. "borderless windowed mode". This should work, but having read all of the other things you've tried - this is the only one which I think may work.. I have to say - I have no experience of this, but a quick Google (on that mode quoted back a line or two) will find at least two apps that do this - mostly used by gamers, and a number of YouTube video's.

Cheesh - I hope this will help!   :(  

Hi Paul, thanks for your quick reply and advice, it's very much appreciated.

From what I've read - your system has two monitors, both of which are different sizes, with different resolutions and you want them both in full screen mode while displaying the flying part on one monitor, and two or three apps on the other, but in full screen. Is this a correct understanding?  That's correct Paul...

Hmm, I have heard about the borderless 'windowed mode' but the issue I would have, I guess, is that I'd still continue with inferior performance compared to when I fly in fullscreen.

I'm running TH2Go, and a single card (in full screen) As a matter of interest Paul, are you running 2 or 3 monitors and are they of equal size and res? Cheers...

BTW, I thought Vsync didn't work in windowed mode Paul...

Yeah, works fine - just have to make it synch with ForceWindowedVsync=1 in [Graphics] , Howard.

3 x 19" Viewsonic VA926's @ 1280 x 1024 each for 3840 x 1024 x 32.

I don't know about the performance, of course... A possible answer would be another pc, as you wouldn't need 1000hp under the bonnet, and then you could run them how you want, giving you more headroom (read 'performance') on the FSX machine, with all the other stuff running on the Dodo.

It would certainly get rid of the headache, and bring a bunch of benefits. Mattra fac I'll be doing the same thing sometime in the near future. Hmm? :smile:

All the Best,

peej

Vsync working fine for me too Howard in windowed mode... never had an issue... i run batch file to load FSX (something to do with Win7 Aero i believe) and all is well!

Cheers