Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jkeye

Happy camper!

I bit the bullet yesterday and bought the fixer program.

Did a 4 hour flight in the pmdg 777 from egll to cyvr.

I am not a tech expert when it comes to display settings and tweaks but the fix changed the game so much that I do not think I will go back to dx9.

This is just my first impression but I thought I would share.

Out of curiosity I maxed every single slider in the settings and enabled bloom.

I was expecting the usual CTD I would get with dx9 in the past but was delighted to find the sim remained stable for the duration of the flight.

The frame rates were a bit slower I think but it did not take anything away from the increased enjoyment of the sim and I thought the much higher realism factor in the fsx world more than compensated.

I am looking forward to my next flight and hoping I do not run into problems! !

Seems to good to be true

Jay

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No doubt about it...this program should be picked up.  I suggest you switch back and forth at least a couple of times between DX9 and DX10 using the program switch. Also, do not uninstall the program libraries.. You do not need to, to run DX9 again. Make sure that you create and export your N.I. cfg setting BEFORE you changed it for your DX10 runs.  You need to reimport this setting back into N.I. if you at all decided to run DX9 at any time post install.

Run DX9, and see how your performance is.....post DX10 Fixer install, and a few switcheroos....

You might be in for a most pleasant surprise.....