Sign in to follow this  
Alan_A

AXE Voice and Button switchable in configurator?

A newbie question - and I apologize if it's been asked and answered elsewhere.  Is it possible to have both the AXE voice and button versions installed and switch them "on the fly" via the configurator, or is it necessary to install only one or the other?  I understand that the NGX version allows both to be in place at once, but am not sure if that's also the case for the AXE.  In an ideal world, I'd like to be able to talk to my computer at some times, and simply push its buttons at others... B)  Let me know if I can do that.  Many thanks in advance!

AFAIK you can only use one at a time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Best regards / Schöne Grüße
Werner

Banner_FS2Crew_Bus4.png

What you can do in any way, is to re-activate the built-in checklist function and the built-in copilot 'on the fly'. That gives you at least three different ways to fly the AAX with only a single FS2Crew version installed:

1. Captain works, F/O reads C/Ls only

2. Task sharing 'the Aerosoft way'

3. RW CCC/CRM as brought to you by FS2Crew

Bryan for sure will chime in to inform us whether dual editions are possible.

AFAIK you can only use one at a time.

Understood - I should have been clearer.  What I was wondering was, can you have both installed at the same time (and choose one or the other for each flight, using the configurator), or do you have to uninstall one in order to use the other?  I doubt I'd want to switch from voice to button on a single flight... though now that you've got me thinking about it.... say I'm using voice and the neighbors complain or the cats start looking at me strangely....  

Hmmm... so many possibilities...

That gives you at least three different ways to fly the AAX

Yes, hadn't thought of bringing the Captain and/or FO back to life mid-flight.  Yet another way to handle it.  Though I'd rather rely only on FS2Crew.  The Aerosoft co-pilot and checklist functions were great for getting started, but it strikes me they give you either too much or too little to do (depending on whether the FO is active).  From what I can gather, FS2C offers a much more realistic take on division of labor.

switch them "on the fly" via the configurator,

Yes, you can switch each FS2Crew version "on the fly" via the Configurator.

So you can have FS2Crew Voice and Button installed at the same time, and just switch back and forth via the Configurator.

Best,

Thanks, Bryan - good to know and I'll be signing aboard FS2C for the AXE shortly.