Sign in to follow this  
wanabflyer

Jerky banking turns 777 only

Beginning to think I should generate a ticket on this one. It only happens with the 777 and is most unrealistic.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Without a video it is very dificult to have an idea of what you are seeing is stutters due to performance reasons, low framerare, slow memory, or that your 777 has a problem.

Are You using FSUIPC?

Have you tried to delete the FSUIPC.ini file (back it up somewhere cause you will loose all joytstick settings as FSUIPC will build a new empty .ini file).

Rob Robson

Without a video it is very dificult to have an idea of what you are seeing is stutters due to performance reasons, low framerare, slow memory, or that your 777 has a problem.

Are You using FSUIPC?

Have you tried to delete the FSUIPC.ini file (back it up somewhere cause you will loose all joytstick settings as FSUIPC will build a new empty .ini file).

I am flying at FL350, my frames are locked (internally) at 30fps and that is what I am getting. I don't experience this with at best, an equally performance demanding PMDG 737 NGX and perfectly smooth banks. I am pretty certain this is not a freeze or stutter, because on close observation the a/c actually momentarily stops moving in the direction of the bank and appears for that brief moment, to be travelling forward, so I don't think it is freezing.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

I see the jerkiness when over flying some waypoints, in LNAV.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Yep, happens to me as well. Every aircraft turns smoothly, the 777 sometimes makes little 'jumps'.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

OK, I have been doing some testing and I can confirm that this is not freezing or stutters. As I posted last time, what actually happens is, the plane momentarily stop's moving in the direction of the bank and moves directly forward, then continues in the direction of the bank repeatedly so that it ends up in a jerky turn.

On going over this several times, I notice that this so far appear's only to happen whilst in LNAV and following the magenta line of a flight plan in the ND. If I make a turn using HDG SEL, it is as smooth as silk. Same goes for LOC capture.

Rick Hobbs

Its like when just passing a way point,it cant quite decide which way the next one is,for a split second.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

OK, I have been doing some testing and I can confirm that this is not freezing or stutters. As I posted last time, what actually happens is, the plane momentarily stop's moving in the direction of the bank and moves directly forward, then continues in the direction of the bank repeatedly so that it ends up in a jerky turn.

On going over this several times, I notice that this so far appear's only to happen whilst in LNAV and following the magenta line of a flight plan in the ND. If I make a turn using HDG SEL, it is as smooth as silk. Same goes for LOC capture.

This is what I am seeing as well.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4

Eric 

Ok, that is a good find and interesting.

Can you post the route/waypoint and conditions like weather/speed/weight where this happens?

Maybe others/I can reproduce this.

Rob Robson

I have been in touch with PMDG support on this and along with further testing by me, I would say that it is almost certain to be my weather engine. The reason apparently lies in the complexities of the Autopilot system of the RW 777, very accurately modelled in the PMDG T7. To an extent I have noticed a bit of this behaviour, in HDG SEL & LOC capture turns as well. This while doing more test flights (late night last night). On watching my weather engine, I was noticing some pretty aggressive wind shifts as well.

Since then I remembered that this reared its head around the time I upgraded my weather engine to the latest Beta version, so I rolled back to my older version. "problem all but vanished", so I will be talking to Stephen on this one.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

so I will be talking to Stephen on this one.

Regards,

Stephen....so that is OPUS you are using for weather, right?

Rob Robson

Stephen....so that is OPUS you are using for weather, right?

Yes Opus. I have been back and fourth with Stephen and have reinstalled the latest Opus Beta and with his help, I have set opus up properly. This one was user error. One thing is for sure, the realism of the T7 is unforgiving, so realism expects realism I guess.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Looks like my problem was related to FSGRW. I was on a flight yesterday from KATL to RJAA. Did  step climb from FL320 to FL340 and away the plane went. Massive 30+ degree turns, unable to track the magenta course, etc... Even selecting HDG SEL and clicking off LNAV resulted in the plane not wanting to turn. Went manual, got it back on course and it still went haywire repeating the same stuff above. Paused the sim, shut down FSGRW, fired up AS2012 and guess what kids? No more issues. AS2012 in DWC mode with Local Station Writes checked. Nary an issue after that change. Something in FSGRW does not play nicely (at least on my setup). Sticking with the tried and true AS2012. Will use that until ASN comes out hopefully within the next couple months.

Eric 

This was definitely the last time i touched OPUS. Weather depiction might be nice, but it fails in so many other aspects it's just not worth it.

No issues at all with AS2012 and i can't wait to put my hands on ASN. Bye OPUS.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11