Sign in to follow this  
Whitey015

pmdg 747 400x RR. YSSY to KDFW

Today I decide to do the flight QFA7. YSSY to KDFW daily flight.

I put in the coordinates thanks to flightaware.

No matter what I do its insufficient fuel when doing calculation's and thru FMC. Full or empty when using fsx load manager

Is it possible for the PMDG 747X RRoyce plane to fly this far or is there another way to run when it comes to the fuel.

For instance Long range fuel set up. Current 747x pmdg can not do it!??

Is it possible to change something to simulate to a LR/ER model of Boeing 747???

Cheers

Richard

Maybe you have an incorrect waypoint that is sending you to Russia or something. Step through the flight and verify the waypoints. Lat long can be tricky; make sure they're inputted correctly. You might have an east long as west or vice versa. Same for north and south. You have to pay close attention when you cross the equator and 0 long. http://support.precisionmanuals.com/KB/a59/fmc-custom-waypoint-entry-notes.aspx What does your fuel show at destination? 0 or like 15k lbs? Maybe your reserve is set too low which will give you an insufficient fuel msg.

No matter what I do its insufficient fuel when doing calculation's and thru FMC. Full or empty when using fsx load manager

That's because the 744 does not have the range to fly nonstop SYD-DFW. That route is operated by the 747-400ER. The -ER has an auxillary tank that allows additional range that the base 744 does not have.

Is it possible for the PMDG 747X RRoyce plane to fly this far or is there another way to run when it comes to the fuel.

I would conduct a fuel stop in Honolulu or LAX.

Is it possible to change something to simulate to a LR/ER model of Boeing 747

I remember there is a thread somewhere around here that changes some figures in the .cfg file that allows additional fuel to be carried but I think that created problems with the fuel system. I would wait until the 747V2 comes out and maybe there will be an -ER version.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Last week they had to put a non ER on, it would be weight restricted

Wind predictions.

heading east you're gonna get tail winds. In some areas those will be jetstreams with 50+ knots. I'v seen 160kts on some wind charts.

Cut back on passengers, and don't carry much cargo beyond the passenger's 28-35kg of luggage.

It must be pretty tight for them too because going back on Qantas 8 they go to Brisbane and then the flight continues to Sydney. I did see on flightaware where one flight 7 stopped in El Paso. Could have been for fuel or maybe bad weather at DFW. I guess either way it would have been for fuel technically.

Tom Landry

PMDG_NGX_Tech_Team.jpg

I saw that flight too. They turned around to El Paso. Looks like it was for the bad weather. Radar looked wicked.

Qantas ordered six 747-400's with the extra 9700 Kilo fuel tank.  They were registered VH-OEA thru to F.  They had GE engines, not the RR's as on the rest of the fleet.  Only four or even three I think are still flying,they got rid of what was known as the ugly sisters.  They quite often run a normal 744 on that route, one of the Oscar Juliets, but as mentioned it has to do with the wind, etc, whith sometimes a stop over in Brisbane.

Buzz

Martin Buzzell

You want me to do what!!!

Email me

Qantas ordered six 747-400's with the extra 9700 Kilo fuel tank.  They were registered VH-OEA thru to F.  They had GE engines, not the RR's as on the rest of the fleet.  Only four or even three I think are still flying,they got rid of what was known as the ugly sisters.  They quite often run a normal 744 on that route, one of the Oscar Juliets, but as mentioned it has to do with the wind, etc, whith sometimes a stop over in Brisbane.

Buzz

The flight westbound back to Australia is always scheduled via Brisbane. (Sometimes has to divert to Fiji or New Caledonia)

Eastbound you normally get tail winds and it's scheduled direct YSSY - KDFW.

Load restricted so there is always empty seats, even if demand is high. Can't make the distance full.

I have heard a rumor that they actually "Plan" the flight to Fiji, then as they approach Top of Decent, make a decision on Brisbane, and then 'Divert' to Brisbane if the weather in Brisbane (and the winds & fuel burn) have been good enough. Arrival at Brisbane getting close to the minimum reserve+5% without alternates. If they run into headwinds, or if the weather is below Diversion minima (more stringent than normal minima) then it's landing in Fiji to uplift fuel.