Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Derated climbs not working

Thrust Lim comes up first and I set a derated takeoff temperature. then I select CLB 1 or 2, then I go to the takeoff page, enter the cg, the flaps, the winds, the oat, and then confirm the v speeds, that deletes the clb 1 or clb2 preset I have set, every time.

Thrust Lim comes up first and I set a derated takeoff temperature. then I select CLB 1 or 2, then I go to the takeoff page, enter the cg, the flaps, the winds, the oat, and then confirm the v speeds, that deletes the clb 1 or clb2 preset I have set, every time.

Despite that the 777X is not the NGX, this behavior is consistent with the NGX.

Select the derate first, then enter a temperature. This way will keep your selected derate.

the oat

Have a look at the prompt for those fields.  Always pay attention to what you're doing.

The first field you come across (on page 1/2) is THRUST, which displays the derate you just entered on the THRUST REF page (or ---- if you've only used derates, and not assumed temp).

The second field you come across (on page 2/2) is REF OAT, which is used to entering a reference OAT for the calculation of v speed (will not affect anything other than the v-speed calcs).

Sounds like you're just not paying attention to the prompt ("THRUST") and entering a temp in there, which will, in fact, kill whatever you'd had in there previously (derate or derate+ATM).

Kyle Rodgers

But why does the temp I set in the thrust lim section not carry over to ref oat field in the takeoff section?

The REF OAT field is meant for a different purpose.

Kyle Rodgers

I also had a problem with this since I am doing a test flight and my weights are so low. 40k of fuel and 60k for pax and cargo. I also went into the VNAV page and put 230/9000 in the second takeoff restriction field.

I also had a problem with this since I am doing a test flight and my weights are so low. 40k of fuel and 60k for pax and cargo. I also went into the VNAV page and put 230/9000 in the second takeoff restriction field.

Need more info to be able to help you.  What was your exact (and I mean if you scratched your head during the process, add that info here) work flow before the function didn't work?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle this worked for me.... I know from what I have read in the manuals that the T7 loves to run heavy, but with lighter loads you have to derate the takeoff. So everything I have done works for me