Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

golfermd

Autopilot Aural Warning

On final approach I want to manually fly the landing. However, when I turn off the autopilot the aural warning blares away and I can't find the button to cancel it. I've searched the manuals but can't find anything there.

Dan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Don't use the autopilot disconnect bar to disconnect the autopilot. Use a Joystick Button key assignment (Press once, wait 1.5 seconds, press a second time) or use the secret clickspot (right click on the magic TOGA screw... wait 1.5 seconds, right click a second time)

Real world, if you grab that big beige/off white disconnect bar and pull it, the alarm will not go off till you replace it back (and put the autopilot back on).

Normally (real aircraft) you would press the disconnect button on the yoke (near your left thumb as captain, right thumb as FO), wait 1.5 (or more) seconds, and press it a second time to cancel the alert.

a "Double click" (less time than 1.5 seconds) won't cancel the alarm.

You can also disconnect the A/P by moving the yoke a few degrees. My fav. lol

At which point the disconnect alarm will sound. and then you'll need to ... do one of the things I said  :P

On final approach I want to manually fly the landing. However, when I turn off the autopilot the aural warning blares away and I can't find the button to cancel it. I've searched the manuals but can't find anything there.

Dan

the autopilot disconnect switch is located on capt or F/O control wheel push this once to disconnect the autopilot and then once more to silence the A/P disconnect aural warning or use the CTRL-SHIFT-Z on the key bord.

Mark

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900(ER) Ground Engineer.

the autopilot disconnect switch is located on capt or F/O control wheel push this once to disconnect the autopilot and then once more to silence the A/P disconnect aural warning or use the CTRL-SHIFT-Z on the key bord.

Mark

Boeing 737-6/7/8/900(ER) Ground Engineer.

Even better, assign CTRL-SHIFT-Z to a button on your joystick.

I think I did that way back in 2008 when I first installed FSX, and the PMDG 747x