Sign in to follow this  
Tareq

16:10 aspect ratio monitor and PMDG 777

And that at 100% zoom, as it is the only zoom level at which one can correctly judge height, distance from runway and speed over ground!

I don't think there are too many simers flying at 1.0 zoom.

Most seem to compromise and drop down to 0.8 or lower to get a more functional view of the cockpit.

Unless you are training for the real thing a lower zoom (but not too low) looks completely normal after awhile.

Also isn't the 777 really flown by the numbers anyway rather than visual cues?

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

I don't think there are too many simers flying at 1.0 zoom.

Most seem to compromise and drop down to 0.8 or lower to get a more functional view of the cockpit.

Unless you are training for the real thing a lower zoom (but not too low) looks completely normal after awhile.

Also isn't the 777 really flown by the numbers anyway rather than visual cues?

gb.

I know, I am one of the view insisting on needing 100% zoom. Any modern jet is mostly flown by "numbers". Whether ILS/DME or VOR/DME or

LNAV/VNAV, it is all basically the same. At a certain distance you want to be at a certain hight (usually 3 degrees descend path) and then you switch to papis that guide you in the last bit of final approach.

But there are some visual approaches amd they still require you to look out the window and judge height versus distance from touchdown visually. I mean you can still use the ND distance rings to help you ofcource but you would see instantly that you are way hight at 2000ft and 3nm from touchdown by looking outside. Not if you use zoom in FSX though.

Examples are a circle to land maneuvre after an instrument approach.

or

You can request a visual approach to ATC if you think you are ready for your base to final turn and are trying to avoid ATC vectoring you on a needlessly long final.

or

You sometimes get offered a clearance for a visual landing (even at JFK) or swingover to the other (paralell) runway

And then there are many sommer holliday destinations (like greek islands) that give you visual approaches.

But you know what, Mostly I want to do visual approaches in FSX because I enjoy them :-)

Rob Robson

But you know what, Mostly I want to do visual approaches in FSX because I enjoy them :-)

Can't argue with that.  :)

Hopefully trackIR will bring it all together.

gb.

• Like 1

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

Hello,
Before with others add-ons (737 / 747) we have to possibility to change panel ratio to 4:3 panel (panel_4_3.cfg), is it possible with 777, please ?
Thank you.