Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rX

Monitored approaches

I remember the older version of FS2Crew (the one for the FS2002 PMDG 737) had the feature of monitored approaches. Looking through the Boeing latest NP and FCTM there is no separate procedure to be done in low visibility. 

Was this not Boeing procedure but local SOP for some airline or was it in the old Boeing documents and removed now? 

Basically the question is what happened to monitored approaches in real life and why were they removed? What do you do now in low visibility? Does the PF (assuming no HGS) use the instruments until minimums and at minimums look outside for a second then go around?

Thanks,

Eric

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Was this not Boeing procedure but local SOP for some airline or was it in the old Boeing documents and removed now? 

The old FS9 version used procedures that came from old Continental manuals (airline specific).

The new FS2Crew 737 NGX uses Boeing procedures more or less.

For a low visib approach, just use CAT II / III procedures.  There's no much difference though, just a couple extra calls between it and a regular CAT I.

The old FS9 version used procedures that came from old Continental manuals (airline specific).

Thank you Bryan for the quick reply.

Have monitored approaches ever been Boeing SOP?

Have monitored approaches ever been Boeing SOP?

I don't know.