Sign in to follow this  
gillesdenice

How much time for the "pilot response" warning ?

Hi,

How much time without nothing done on the electronic commands to have the warning message : "Pilot response" ?

Thanks

Gilles.

How much time without nothing done on the electronic commands to have the warning message : "Pilot response" ?

You get an initial warning somewhere around 25min; another warning around 27-29 min; and a final warning (with the wailer) at 30min.  I forget the exact numbers for each, but that's the gist of it.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi Gilesdenice

If Kyle had followed his own advice about reading the manuals he would have found this in FCOMv2 p15.20.11 in the section named Crew Alertness Monitor; "When a predefined time elapses after the last switch action is detected the EICAS alert message PILOT RESPONSE is displayed."

Maybe it's airline specific or varies to keep the crew guessing!

I would be grateful Kyle if you can reference the source of your information.

I would be grateful Kyle if you can reference the source of your information.

Sitting on my hands in front of the sim, with the chronometer ticking away watching it happen.  Why?  Because the manual was so vague about it.

Now, do you have a smart response to that, too?

Kyle Rodgers

Kyle I asked because I wondered if you had found another reference in the manuals to the crew alertness monitor. I find it useful to always explain why I write something. Now if you find that a smart response well so be it.

Obviously as per the FCOM, the exact precise time that it takes is precisely "When a predefined time elapses" seconds. Not a second more, not a second less.

... the more you know.

...and if you fail to react by the last alert, the auto-brake system will bring the aircraft to a dead stop in the middle of the airway.

:lol: :rolleyes:

Best regards,

Robin.

I just turn it off in the FMC it's annoying

I do too lol. I might turn it on for Cross the Pond though, (along with turning off auto-stepclimbs), but most of my 777 longhauls have been done overnight when I'm sleeping. So, no Pilot Response, Automatic step climbs, and an alarm set on my smartphone to wake me up an hour before descent (enough time for a shower and breakfast and researching/inserting the expected STAR/Approach/Runway before Top of Decent) hehe)

So, no Pilot Response, Automatic step climbs, and an alarm set on my smartphone to wake me up an hour before descent (enough time for a shower and breakfast and researching/inserting the expected STAR/Approach/Runway before Top of Decent) hehe)

Augmented crew simulation at its best, hehe. Well except for that shower part. You have to wait until hotel IRL :)