Sign in to follow this  
RTK1972

update to DX10 Fixer

Hi All,

i just wonder but didn'T Steve say that there should be a update coming one or to weeks ago ?

Thanks for helping out,

Carsten

Carsten U

There have been four updates since release. The newest is build 019 while the one went on sale a few weeks ago was build 015.

Zicheng Cai

Hi

Why aren't we being told about these updates - what they do and how to install them. I have been looking on Steve's sight every day since launch to see if there have been any further developments. There seemse to be no support section for this product. That was OK when he was doing it free but now it is a quite expensive add on it needs a proper support section showing the version history and what we should be doing.

Kelvin

There have been four updates since release. The newest is build 019 while the one went on sale a few weeks ago was build 015.

I haven't received any notification from the FlightSim Store that updates have been released for this.

May I ask where this information is coming from, & how we obtain the updates?

Thanks.

Hi Guys: Bernie: I've only seen one or two odd mentions here and there, that a new version is available at the FSStore: Until Steve and FSS get it properly organised your best method - at this time - is to go to your account on that site and just re-download again, based upon what you read on the Official DX10 Forum. I would expect that would be the place to announce it.

It's unfortunate that the word "notification" was used, as now everyone expects to be notified the instant and update is available. It's not this way for anything from Orbx. They have an "Official" web page ("Support") for the updates, yet they are announced days/weeks ahead on their forum! - which appears to be a confusing support forum for the announcement!

Anyway - the file sizes (shown in your account on FSS) will/should be slightly different if there's an update, and when installed you can see the version in the Controller "Help" Menu.

I know this is not the answer you/we want, but it's an attempt by me to clear the confusion a little. 

I've sent Steve an email requesting he create a pinned and locked "Announcement" post on the "Official" forum. This may or may not happene, as I'm not a party to his plans or agreements with FSS.

Best,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Gentlemen,

thanks for your help !

Hope Steve will ensure that communication concerning improvements will get better in the future.

Cheers,

Carsten

Carsten U

Cheers Paul,

Just re-downloaded it & it's now at V1 Build 19.  Although the new file size was actually slightly smaller than the original one!

Hi,

I uninstalled the old one and installed the new installer. The registration was not done as previously, not by entering the order number, etc... But it ask me my email and the serial which was a set of 5 bloks of data instead of the three blocks of data initially. So I do not know what's going wrong. I ask to FlightSim Store what to do and I am waiting for the solution.

Did you removed the old software or just installed over it ?

Thank (sorry for my English)

Michel

At Paul's request I have created an announcement post in the commercial support forum. 

However  unless you are particularly  bothered by the dawn dusk smoothing issue there is no real point in downloading a new version at this time as almost all the changes made are preinstallation checks to reduce support calls. 

The one exception is the dawn dusk smoothing but I wanted to work on an improved version of that plus improve shadows and work out the best upgrade mechanism before encouraging people to download en masse.

Hi, I uninstalled the old one and installed the new installer. The registration was not done as previously, not by entering the order number, etc... But it ask me my email and the serial which was a set of 5 bloks of data instead of the three blocks of data initially. So I do not know what's going wrong. I ask to FlightSim Store what to do and I am waiting for the solution. Did you removed the old software or just installed over it ? Thank (sorry for my English) Michel

It should be identical - try again - you are seeing the non FSS licensing process which means the FSS installer went wrong and failed to set things correctly.

Thanks you very much sir. But I will wait if I will see the Dusk problem before retrying, As per you info about the update.

Michel