Sign in to follow this  
Meshugger

Stutter at "20" callout

Hi Everyone! I've got an issue with my 737 NGX. Everytime during my final approach when the GPWS calls out "20" and I want to begin flaring there's a single but quite long stutter. As you can image this ruins my landing nearly everytime. I just wonder if someone did notice this issue too and knows how to fix it.

BTW: I disabled transparency multisampling via nVidia Inspector but this didn't help. A big thank you! I'm looking forward to your replies! :)

Haven't had that issue. To see if it really is your NGX, try it at a small airport with your traffic disabled.

I have this strange pause too. Not with the NGX though. Seems that it is not due to the aircraft.

Hmm. If it's not related to the aircraft maybe it's a problem with the graphics card driver. @lucastng: Is your transparency multisampling disabled? What graphics card do you use? I use a GTX 660.

Just found this thread: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/348928-stutter-on-landing-solved/

Maybe the solution is somewhere in there.

My transparency multisampling is set to : 2X Sparse grid supersampling.

My is a 660Ti.  The strange pause is definitely not due to slow graphic card. The pause is pretty random and it happen also in small airport with low density of autogen and objects.

More detail description of the strange pause : near touch down, pause and the circular blue loading cursor appears, it usually last for 5-8 sec.

You can test out the FTF =XXX. Disable it if you have enabled it.

ok, i know this is an old thread but i want to leave this behind for anyone having this isue in 2016. I use fspassengersx and pmdg 737 and 777. And i had the excact same stutters during the callouts and touchdown sounds. I have been editing my config and i have come to a solution. In my case (i5-3750K 4.2ghz and msi gtx 970) adding bufferpools=390000000 to the config fixed the stutters in all my aircraft. I don't know why this works because it has nothing to do with sound rendering as far as i know. But it works nonetheless. I hope this helps anyone struggeling with this issue.

kind regards

Daan 

Hi  I use fraps and record most of my approaches into airports.  After selecting LOC and shortly after select Approach I go to the outside view with a side on view then press F12 for the recording and at almost touchdown the 737NG and others Flare without my help. If I had the knowledge I would attach a video, but I don't.