Sign in to follow this  
A_Pilot

Coordinate Entering

I can enter coordinates like N50W080 into the FMC, but not half-degrees such at N5030W080, as I've seen done in World Air Route's Air Canada 77L Polar DVD. Is this a unique issue of my system, am I doing something wrong, or is this simply not coded into the FMC as something that can be done? 

Luc

half-degrees such at N5030W080

N5030.0W08000.0 All of the 0's and decimal points required if you are not on a whole degree Lat/Long

Is this a unique issue of my system, am I doing something wrong, or is this simply not coded into the FMC as something that can be done?

Seems like this is coming up a lot, so...sorry for the self-quote:

The full lat/lon format is right on the PERF INIT page.

Full - S3200.0E13242.8

Short - S32E132

Short 2 - 32S32

Short 2 is really weird, and to be honest, remembering its quirks isn't worth saving the 2 extra keystrokes from the other Short form.  It uses N for north latitude, west longitude.  E for north latitude, east longitude.  S for south latitude, east longitude.  W for south latitude, west longitude.  The position of the letter in the group designates if the first digit of the longitude is a 0 or a 1.  The letter will be at the end if the longitude is less than 100, and will be the third character if the longitude is 100 or greater.

FCOMv2 11.31.13.

Kyle Rodgers

Pretty sure this guy just won something!  What am I talking about?  Well I heard that if you're the millionth poster of a repeated question upon being the millionth poster about the same subject you won something.

I don't see why people don't use search for something so simple that you have to know in PMDGs history its been asked prior.  I'm certain its been asked about 4 or 5 times in the past week. 

FACTS

-One you type less.  Typing 'coordinates' into the search box takes less time then going through writing up a full post.

-Two its faster, not only are you typing less, but believe it or not searching and finding your answer is faster then waiting for someone to tell you the answer.

Off soapbox!

FACTS
  -One you type less.  Typing 'coordinates' into the search box takes less time then going through writing up a full post.
  -Two its faster, not only are you typing less, but believe it or not searching and finding your answer is faster then waiting for someone to tell you the answer.

Sounds a lot like the video I posted a few weeks ago:

Kyle Rodgers