Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

Daytime + Landing Lights + Tower View = Shiny White Cone

Just took a spin in the F1 B-200 and noticed that the landing lights as viewed from the Tower are not correct in DX10. In broad daylight, I am seeing an over-saturated shiny white cone (no alpha) spreading out across the runway. I only observe this phenomenon from the Tower View; it looks fine from inside the cockpit and external/spot views. Not certain where the problem lay, but it seems like a DX10 shader/rendering bug.

Can you save the setup and test it in DX9?

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Can you save the setup and test it in DX9?

Unfortunately, I can't. I recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and FSX won't run under DX9 for me :\

You don't accidentally have the 8 bit fix ticked do you?  Otherwise try setting effects OFF and see if there is a change.

Nope, it's OFF currently (good thought, though).

I'm using Build 19, btw. Forgot to mention that in my OP.

ok next test - what happens if you disable the libraries so default DX10?

Interesting. If I disable the DX10 Fixer's library, you still see the landing light from tower view but the light cone is transluscent like you would expect it to be. Still strange that it shows up at all during the day (that much of the problem, at least the Aces guys can own :).

I have never asked is this a legacy aircraft or not?

Anyway if it is disable legacy and tell me what happens

then enable legacy and disable general and tell me what happens.

I have never asked is this a legacy aircraft or not?

Anyway if it is disable legacy and tell me what happens

then enable legacy and disable general and tell me what happens.

No. It's Flight 1's new KingAir 200.

hello steve, just wanted to know i have imagine sim vidp scenery, in the night mode the runway lights tend to disappear when i am too close or on the runway, but it shows only when i am at a far distance from it. i too got cones and black cones on airport taxi lights when i ran on the balanced mode in legacy shader, but once the shader is fully left towards the scenery lights illuminate perfectly except the runway lights.

thank you steve for the wonderful software and DAL 1850 sorry as i posted my query here, have a great evening guys 

ok disable the general shader and report back.   Then we will run through the patches one at a time

I'm going to recant my earlier claim that disabling the DX10 fixer libraries resolved the problem; it did not. I was mistaken about which lights were appearing in the tower view...it's actually the superimposition of the taxi lights on top of the landing lights which creates the ultra bright light cone in Tower View - and it DOES appear when the libraries are disabled, so this is clearly an FSX DX10 bug-a-boo. I also noticed that the light cone only appears at certain zoom levels as well. I think the fixer is off the hook for this one.

Just to wrap it up, Dal - with the Fixer Libraries Status showing "Libraries are installed and up to date" you have a normal landing light and a normal taxy light - right? 

From the second pic it appears that you also have Bloom on, too - are you using FSX's Bloom?

Many Thanks,

pj

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.