Sign in to follow this  
kama2004

Tower red light shows as square

I installed the fixer recently and i'm quite pleased with the result.

Only point i notice is that red light used for antenna obstruction appears as tranluscent red square. Anybody noticed this behavior?

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

Hi Steve,

Here is some picture. I didn't revert to DX9 to check yet..

The crane on those pictures are the ones in the normal FSX libraries of objects. the same behavior apply to antenna or other obstacle with red light.

DavieShipbuildingnearQuebec_zps488342b8.

DavieShipbuildingnearQuebec2_zpsc5b29789

Best...

Pierre

It looks like a missing texture  or a texture which doesn't match the UV cords. 

I confess that I don't think I have ever seen a crane in FSX.

Actually I take that back - I bet there is a tile boundary - are there any cranes in the distance that look ok?

I will check that but I think this square light is visible from far away. i was intrigued to see those large red blob while very far from the crane....

Pierre

I will check that but I think this square light is visible from far away. i was intrigued to see those large red blob while very far from the crane....

I have the same problem (build 19) with the recent release of UK2000 Airports Vol 1 version 2 ... the red light on top of the wind sock, I "think" the developer is using an FSX red light very similar to those images, but I can't confirm.

Here another shot...

You can see 2 default FSX antenna with red obstruction light at close distance and the same tower shown on the previous post at approx 8 NM distance (my home town). We see that the red light appears as square even from long distance.

Squarelightcloseorrear_zpsdafd808f.png

Pierre

Hello Steve,

Having the same problem with square lights but at Earth Simulations Isle of Man. Have not noticed any where else yet, may be because I use ORBX Global and Vector lights.

I have the same problem on one tower red light and on the runway wig wag lights(the yellow flashing once that warn you your about to enter the runway.

I will contact Earth Simulations and feed back to here.

I am Using DX10 Fixer V2.4 build 63.

Cheers

Sebastian

Turn on missing texture alert in Fsx.cfg. You can do it via the toolbox as well. I would be fairly confident that's the issue here. This thread was about the fixer 1.x

oops sorry Steve. I did a search and miss read the year! Will follow your suggestion thank you. I have turned on missing texture alert. If that is the problem I guess I have to contact Earth Simulations is that right?

Spot on Steve, two missing textures failed to load. I have noted them and will contact Earth Simulations.

Many thanks.

I am very sorry to bother you as this has nothing to do with DX10 fixer which is brilliant addon. You and any one who worked it should get a commendation.

Best regards

Sebastian

It's no problem. The dx10 and dx9 engines handle missing textures for lights differently. Dx9 silently ignores it while in dx10 it gets drawn using the default texture. This difference makes it possible for a developer to omit a light texture and not notice when they test in dx9 provided the light contains other textures but a problem like this then happens in dx10.