Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

In Search of SimConnect v6.1.61259.0

I am not trying to see who has the most knowledge on the subject.

Err, it's you quoting me Ed. I'm just trying to help [this guy].

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

check your SimConnect folders:

\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.60905.0_none_dd92b94d8a196297 = SimConnect 60905 dll

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61242.0_none_e079b46b85043c20 = SimConnect 61355 dll

C:\Windows\WinSxS\x86_microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect

_67c7c14424d61b5b_10.0.61259.0_none_55f5ecdc14f60568 = SimConnect 61637 dll

My SimConnect folders appear identical, except for the equal sign, and what follows after the equal sign. Now I have a question. Is the other poster trying to do something different other then setting up a network?

ERR so am I. We seem to be misunderstanding each other. Nothing like talking in person, as opposed to texting in a forum. So much is lost in the translation so to speak.

Ideally a client looks roughly the same as the FSX PC. J doesn't mention client connections across a network, none the less all Simconnects are "across a network".

However, it seems J's file setup is correct, just confusion over the product coding. But installing certain devices can lead to errors in the sxs system that renders it unable to run SimConnect versions side by side.

..So some addons work fine and others complain of missing SimConnect, because the default SimConnect starts but none other, generally those needing greater functionality.

Ideally a client looks roughly the same as the FSX PC. J doesn't mention client connections across a network, none the less all Simconnects are "across a network".

However, it seems J's file setup is correct, just confusion over the product coding. But installing certain devices can lead to errors in the sxs system that renders it unable to run SimConnect versions side by side.

..So some addons work fine and others complain of missing SimConnect, because the default SimConnect starts and none other, generally those needing greater functionality.

Would he be better off uninstalling, and starting fresh, rather then trying to repair? You mentioned going into his registry, well I had to do this for Active Sky 2012, because one of the paths was not being read on start up.

61355 - FSX sp1 - 61242

61637 - X pack - 61259

60905 - FSX - 60905

My setup exactly.

Let me back up a step before this devolves into a pissing contest over version numbers and who has the "right" configuration :) I'm not trying to be right. I'm trying to solve a problem. I am trying to understand the origin of this error - it appears whenever a RealityXP gauge is loaded:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\FSX\GAUGES\rxpWX500.DLL". Dependent

Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

No other add-on has an issue with my installed version of SimConnect, but ALL of my RXP gauges generate this error. If 61637 is 61259, I can't for the life of me figure out why it won't load when every other FSX SP2 extension has no problem whatsoever. If my SimConnect was truly bjorked, I could not be running FSUIPC, WideFS, UT2, AS2012, Level-D 767, PMDG NGX and T7, or half a dozen other things - they all work swimmingly.

sxstrace revealed nothing, incidentally...less than worthless.

If it's on the FSX PC then a simple repair is worth trying before going to greater lengths.

In fact this kind of problem often will not be cured by a re-install anyway since as I said it can be the presence of another device causing the problem, and no change would be affected even after a complete FSX reinstall.

The solution to this problem may be that which is shown on my site donated by my friend Larkspeed

http://www.codelegend.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=113&p=529&hilit=simconnect#p533

Interesting. In my registry my SimConnects are all registered thusly (multiple entries, differing by version number):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Assemblies\Global

"Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,version="10.0.61259.0",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35",processorArchitecture="x86"

...but the public key token referenced in the error from my earlier post is "67c7c14424d61b5b"; this is probably what is failing during the lookup.

That's Microsoft PowerShell - it would seem you could have a corrupted registry.

That's Microsoft PowerShell - it would seem you could have a corrupted registry.

Maybe a Windows 8.1 anomaly? This is a recent fresh install of 8.1 and FSX - perhaps Windows 8 is registering SimConnect using PowerShell under the hood?

What do your registry entries look like for the key I posted above?

We've just put Win8.1 on fresh PC and complete test installation of FSX, no errors found - yet :}

Sorry not powershell at all, when I took a look back I realise I mis read the entry

however it looks like this, seems yours still looks about right:

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35",version="10.0.60905.0",processorArchitecture="x86",culture="neutral"

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,version="10.0.61242.0",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35",processorArchitecture="x86"

Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,version="10.0.61259.0",culture="neutral",publicKeyToken="31BF3856AD364E35",processorArchitecture="x86"

This is interesting...isn't " " the XML escape code for "space"? Is it possible RXP has a bug in their DLL manifest and they're trying to resolve Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect_ (space)?

A space is required after the manifest name field containing name="Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ".

Strange.

Looks like I'm not alone on this. Just came across this (no resolution, though).

http://www.simforums.com/forums/error-messages-in-win7-64bit-windows-app-log_topic38563.html

Update

And scene...(from the bowels of an RealityXP FAQ)

This is normal. All our Gauge XTreme gauges uses SimConnect in a dynamic fashion to permit loading the same gauge in either Flight Simulator 9 (without SimConnect) or Flight Simulator X/ESP, otherwise, a static binding between the gauge and SimConnect would prevent the gauge loading under FS9 (or at least, for customers running FS9 without having installed FSX). The system permits searching for the most updated version of SimConnect DLL, and the Windows API that permits doing this dynamically creates entries in the event log just for information. This is a Windows API/Operating system feature, not an error in the products.

Yes they are only basically explaining how the setup *should work*, your's unfortunately does not work, possibly for reasons I explained earlier. Have you tried Larkspeed's resolution?

I'm going to try that next (nuke the SimConnect registries and reinstall them) using the MSI's included with the SDK. Hopefully, that will work some magic.

I did notice, during my foray into the registry, that the X-pack/SP2 "61259" SimConnect is registered multiple times (and the manifest data for these duplicates seem to be formatted differently from SP1 and RTM). Seems like I ought to have 1 entry per each of the 3 editions and they all ought to look alike except for the version string.

An experiment for tomorrow though.

Thanks for your help, btw. Your input has been very illuminating.