Sign in to follow this  
DAL1850

In Search of SimConnect v6.1.61259.0

I'm interested in what causes it since I've been unable to recreate it here. later...

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Lesse... you are not installing SP2 and then Acceleration, correct?  There should also be two manifest files for each SimConnect version, one with a .cat extension and the other with a .manifest extension.  Are they in place?

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

HI i also got this problem i install sp2 and got 10.0.61637 instead of 10.0.61259?

I think this maybe can fix problems for me(pmdg 737 no zero temp when using autobrake 1,2 or 3) and ai controller doesn't work.

HI i also got this problem i install sp2 and got 10.0.61637 instead of 10.0.61259?

I think this maybe can fix problems for me(pmdg 737 no zero temp when using autobrake 1,2 or 3) and ai controller doesn't work.

Install Acceleration and you'll get 10.0.61259. Code-wise they are the exact same thing.

I believe you are mistaking a version of an SDK for a SimConnect client. Version 61637 is the version number of the SP2 you installed. After installing all the SDK updates, you then go to (Default Path) C:\Program files (x86)\Microsoft Games\ Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK(this would be the same folder as FSX is installed (Default Path). So you would have two folders the FSX folder, and the SDK folder. Open Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK folder, then double click on the subfolder, called SDK. Then double click Core Utilities Kit. Next double click on SimConnect SDK folder. Then double click or open the " lib folder". In the lib folder you will find a file called SimConnect.msi. Now install this msi files on your client computer. Next go back to the SimConnect SDK folder, and open the LegacyInterfaces folder. In this folder you will find two folders called FSX-RTM, and FSX-SP1. Each of these folders has a Simconnect.msi files in them. You must also install these two files on your client computer. When you are done you should have three SimConnect client files in your add/remove on the client computer. The version numbers of these three SimConnect files should be v 10.0.60905.0 ; v 10.0.61242.0 ; v 10.0.61259.0. Hope this help.\quote]

Edward (Virge), thank you for detailed steps on how to access and install the different simconnect versions of FSX. Would you be so kind as to do the same for us in relation to simconnect for P3D if not on this thread then somewhere in P3D section of Avsim forum. I'm sure it will be a great help to many of us. I've installed the SDK for P3D 2.4 but don't seem to find simconnect.MSI anwhere in it.