Sign in to follow this  
JohnSmith

PMDG Planes and Windows 8.1

Hello everyone. I'm thinking about upgrading to Windows 8.1 soon but I don't know if the PMDG 737 NGX and 747-400 work. Has anyone tried it or know anyone that has tried it? What was the result?

Thanks, 

Stephen Hobson

Hi Stephen,

The PMDG planes work just fine with Win8 and I have the PMDG T7 and NGX so the 747 should work too.

Hi Stephen,

The PMDG planes work just fine with Win8 and I have the PMDG T7 and NGX so the 747 should work too.

Great! Thanks for the reply. :)

Not to pick nits, but he asked about Windows 8.1, not Windows 8.  There have been some reports of FSX problems with Windows 8.1.  Anyone have data specifically on this new release?

Joe Legander

I have win 8.1.

No problems to report.

If you convert your account to online ms account during installation of windows, you will need to enter product key / activation for each of the pmdg aircraft. Also, if you have gsx, just start installer again. Ezdok works fine.

Robert H.

I have win 8.1.

No problems to report.

If you convert your account to online ms account during installation of windows, you will need to enter product key / activation for each of the pmdg aircraft. Also, if you have gsx, just start installer again. Ezdok works fine.

Robert H.

Robert,

Did you have to re-install Ezdok? Everythings works for me except for the middle mouse panning mode. I get the clicking sound, pointer goes away, but no movement.

Regards,

Gabriel Silva

I'm back and I have installed 8.1. No issues to report with FSX or the two PMDG planes I own. However, FSX does like to start in 3D mode which is easily disabled by pressing ctrl + t. 

If you convert your account to online ms account during installation of windows, you will need to enter product key / activation for each of the pmdg aircraft.

What account? Why would I want to create any account with Microsoft? Wouldn't I simply uninstall my PMDG addon and then re-install in the new OS?

Robert,

Did you have to re-install Ezdok? Everythings works for me except for the middle mouse panning mode. I get the clicking sound, pointer goes away, but no movement.

Regards,

Gabriel Silva

No. But i dont have middle mouse button. Try reinstall. 

What account? Why would I want to create any account with Microsoft? Wouldn't I simply uninstall my PMDG addon and then re-install in the new OS?

Ms online account. If you have live internet connection during update to 8.1, upgrade req. you to enter ms online account or to create new one. If you disable internet connection, you can processed with win local account. No reinstall is req. After you start fsx and pmdg aircraft, dialog with req. for serial no. is shown.Entering key is less work then reinstall + activation.

Ms online account. If you have live internet connection during update to 8.1, upgrade req. you to enter ms online account or to create new one. If you disable internet connection, you can processed with win local account. No reinstall is req. After you start fsx and pmdg aircraft, dialog with req. for serial no. is shown.

I would have to uninstall and reinstall because I always install full version on wiped hard drive, never upgrade. Thank you for the quick reply and explanation.

Hi

I have also updated to Windows 8.1 and have the PMDG 747, MD11 BAe41 and the 737NGX installed but after the update I'm only able to fly the 737 and the BAe41, the 747 just sends me thees 3 messages: Error "PMDG_747400_Main.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL,
PMDG_747400_ACS.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL,
PMDG_747400_Overhead.DLL cannot find PMDGOptions.DLL" and after I have clicked OK on all of thees messages FSX crashes and if I select a MD11 in FSX crashes immediately, I don't understand why it does like this, it only worked the day after the update.

Pleeeaaas help, :( :( :( :(

I am running Windows 8.1, I have a very overkill rigged computer but its working with no issues. FSX, 777, ASN. Only sometimes after I click close FSX from the Escape menu will it sometimes crash at that point. Otherwise, it has never given me an error message in flight or on start up. I did a fresh install of the 777 and followed PMDGs uninstall guide when the 300 series and SP1 came out. 

There is a warning message on my FSX though I will point out, and I do recommend it. After loading into the 777 or payware addon, I will always restart my flight simulator if I'm going to start a second flight or change my aircraft. Just clears all the old memory.

Corey Andrews
Proud owner of the PMDG 777 

Guys it's always best to do fresh install vs upgrade. That's just asking for disaster if you ask me.

Pierre W