Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WR269

Flight out of EGSS

Decided to try out my 777 and had a few peculiar incidents in a flight out of EGSS....not sure what I did wrong.

First, after programming the SID for rwy 04, I checked all the waypoints and all looked good, a nice sweeping right turn after departure to the first waypoint.

When I looked again, the nice sweeping turn on the ND was replaced with simply a straight line from the end of the runway to the waypoint, gladly saw that the aircraft had no issue flying the departure though

Another peculiar thing...I planned at F370, entered this in the INIT page, and all my LEGs showed F370. After I entered the SID I checked again and all my LEGs were now showing F410!

I hda to go to the VNAV cruise page, it was showing F370, I re-entered F370 and this time the LEGS page showed F390. I could not get it to change. I did notice that the VNAV page showed Optimum flight level was F389.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Have you got auto step climb enabled? That might explain the increased cruise flight level compared to your selection. The real 777 doesn't do this but PMDG provides the option.

I think I have seen this with non RNAV departures with the 747 and MD11 as well.  The LYD4S calls for intercepting the LYD 206 inbound after D0.8 ISED.  Its just going to connect the dots with the most direct routing until after takeoff, where it will use turn predictions, etc, to re-draw the magenta line. 

Also, it appears that it was still showing FL390 because you had step climbs enabled (LSK4L).  The FMS was planning a step climb to FL390 in 132nm.  If you had "0" in the field at LSK4L it would have remained at FL370. And FWIW, FDX uses the single ISFD display, not the three, if you were looking for realism.

Thanks guys, I will change the step climbd to disabled.

As for aircraft config, I use one for all the 777 fleet, set up by a Cathay 777 pilot to replicate as much as possible their setup.

Thanks for your assistance once again.

Sent from my Mobile thing