Sign in to follow this  
adi518

Virtavia B-29 Superfortress is released! :)

Sorry yes, Accu Feel. And a gauge for adding switch sounds posted some days ago here in the forum. Don't remember exactly right now the name.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Alexander Colka

I'll look into that. If you can post settings, that'd be nice too.

Now I understand... would be nice if you can print screen the accu-feel properties.

Virtavia/Alphasim have never been big on system depth or accuracy. To be fair those that are familiar with this developer know what to expect. It's how they've always managed to pump out aircraft much faster than the developers who go into more detail. Think Carenado but for warbirds.

Ease up ER, way to many kudos there

At least Carenado have very good modeled and textured VCs, not the cartoon-ish/simplistic VC look.....

and Carenado dont over charge for something that flys like a C172 and overspeeds with the throttle at 50% ......

And Carenado dont have to have 1000s of models and thumbnails for the same release beacuse they use current FSX tech not like the out dated fs9 tech,   in short they use load out managers so you dont have to have 1000s of models and thumbnails for the same release 

all honesty you just over rated Virtavia by compairing them to Carenado, normally when you want to berate a package you refer it to Virtavia/alphasim quailty

sadly theyre are in a lower class of thier own.

As for the B29

in reference to ERs post, like all other releases from them, its simplistic, lacks depth and most definitely not woth the full price

Model- 5/10:   prob the better of what they have released lately but there are a quite few  noticable things wrong with it

VC- 5/10:  looks  cartoon-ish not expensive payware

Systems-  0/10:  there is nothing besides a gps. radio and AP and the usual things you would find in the default cessnas

Sound-  6/10

Feel- 4/10:  flys like a cessna, lacks that heavy feel

Textures- 7/10: the externals are the best part of the package

Overall- 5/10

again i quote ER "To be fair those that are familiar with this developer know what to expect" yes I have bought thier stuff in the past and have an idea what to expect, however its the only native 29 out there so I thought I would give it  go to see how they have progressed....

Matt

NT - AUSTRALIA

I would wait for them to put it on sale. Jeansy made some valid points about Virtavia/Alphasim. They are way overpriced for what they are, simplistic VC's although the aircraft modelling is usually high standard, simple flight dynamics and so on. Yet despite Virtavia's short comings the aircraft are a heck of lot more interesting than anything Carenado put out.

I just purchased the B29. Now looking for help/ support area. The heading hold is very confusing. It will hold an autopilot heading but the indicated degrees are way off. If I want to go South/180 I have to set the heading for 270 degrees or so, seems to be 100 degrees off true all the time. I have yet to find a support area online, only an email address.

It flies like a small plane and should be sluggish on the roll. Not immediate  response on the yoke.

Is there a fix for this?

spad

It handles like a much smaller plane than a b29. It should be much slower on the roll.

is there a fix for this?

Steve