Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

era66

Flight Time

I can't seem to find information in the FMC tutorial for the PMDG 737 NGX on how to determine total time for flight, or the time remaining before reaching destination. Can someone please direct me to where I can find this information? In long haul flights, I obviously don't sit by my desktop throughout the flight. Instead, I "approximate" the time that I need to return prior to descent instruction by ATC, but sometimes, I miscalculate and overfly the top of descent. Thanks in advance.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I can't seem to find information in the FMC tutorial for the PMDG 737 NGX on how to determine total time for flight, or the time remaining before reaching destination. Can someone please direct me to where I can find this information? In long haul flights, I obviously don't sit by my desktop throughout the flight. Instead, I "approximate" the time that I need to return prior to descent instruction by ATC, but sometimes, I miscalculate and overfly the top of descent. Thanks in advance.

Why not just select the option "Pause at Top Of Descent" in the PMDG options... that way you'll never miss it

Thank you, Rostyslav. Don't know how I missed that . . . Thanks again!

Elmo A.

Why not just select the option "Pause at Top Of Descent" in the PMDG options... that way you'll never miss it

Thanks for your suggestion. I tried this once, but it seemed to have conflicted with Radar Contact. The flight did pause, but Radar Contact quit since it didn't get a response from me. Has anyone else experienced this? Radar Contact also has a "pause" feature. Perhaps I should have set both?