Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sumnr5@yahoo.com

Out of control climb.

Good morning everyone.  New problem, and I cannot figure it out.  I am loading flights as usual with FMC.  All activated, but when I take off vertical climb shoots to 6-7000 ft per min. Totally unstable.  Autopilot will not engage.  Am I missing something?  I have not had any problems  till now. 

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi!

Clarify for me:

Does the plane climb at 6-7000 ft/min? Or is it in the V/S window?

As for the A/P not engaging: are you in stable flight trimmed out?

Good morning everyone.  New problem, and I cannot figure it out.  I am loading flights as usual with FMC.  All activated, but when I take off vertical climb shoots to 6-7000 ft per min. Totally unstable.  Autopilot will not engage.  Am I missing something?  I have not had any problems  till now.

I'm pretty good at breaking the PMDG but I have not seen this happen yet. A screen shot please. 

I think he maybe having the same issues that I had when I first learnt how to fly the PMDG 737.  What I did was as soon as my gear went up I activated autopilot, VNAV and LNAV which wouldn't activate untill a few hundred feet higher so he thinks it active but it actually isn't and is just flying with no autopilot.

Not sure if that IS the issue but it's worth a try.