Sign in to follow this  
Snuffleupagus

Exploring Idaho

Hey guys,

For the first time in a long time, I'm finally using FSX as a refresher and training tool for my RW flying. I haven't flown RW in a while and will be getting back into it here soon with the opportunity to fly to a lot of places I wasn't able to before (finance)! So I decided to get the A2A 172 Trainer and use it to get the "feel" of the plane again before jumping into the real thing. While doing so, I decided to take advantage of Orbx scenery I have and try to fly out and discover neat little airports that would be interesting in the RW and see how they are. My first flight was from Bountiful, UT (KBTF) to Soda Springs, ID (U78). I didn't get any screen shots from that, it was an alright flight. I first had the 172 installed and figured it would have came with all the patches... I was wrong. What a pain it was to fly before installing the patches! 

Anyways, for the second flight I decided to try Soda Springs to Mackay, ID (U62). This was a more scenic flight after crossing over Pocatello area. Alright, enough talking... Enjoy the pics!

Climbing out of Soda Springs. Golf anyone?

10416851784_408aedc911_b.jpg

Neat looking valley

10417021183_41310ce2b3_o.jpg

10416850844_dde65daa21_o.jpg

Cruising along with a full load. Loving the A2A 172!

10416849504_0d051cfc68_o.jpg

10416849314_82ee4f6148_o.jpg

Coming into the Mackay valley

10416879935_2e88cc56d3_o.jpg

Small town ahead

10416877026_55eb892ba2_o.jpg

Mackay has some tall mountains surrounding it!

10416881055_666f155f78_o.jpg

Nothing too fancy but it's been a while since I've shared any! I hope to have some more along my journey of exploring Idaho (and eventually the other NA Orbx regions) to share! Oh and if there are any RW Idaho pilots, let me know! I'm looking for some "off the path" type of airports to fly into up there!

/ CPU: Intel i7-9700K @4.9 / RAM: 32GB G.Skill 3200 / GPU: RTX 4080 16GB /

RW Freight Pilot

Great shots of beautiful Idaho!

HLJAMES

Nice shots! When I was a child, my family and I would camp just NW of Mackay in what is known as Copper Basin. We also got firewood from the forests to the East of Mackay. It's beautiful country to be sure.

EDIT: Don't forget to head West to Craters of the Moon National Monument, it's a sight to see even from the air (and it's in photoreal in Orbx's CRM)!

I recommend continuing NNE up the valley until you reach Yellowstone, you can spend hours flying that area. After Yellowstone, I recommend heading North until you reach Bozeman, MT, then follow I-90 to Coeur D'Alene for some awesome mountain flying (but make sure you fill up either in Bozeman or Helena before heading out).

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato