Sign in to follow this  
Scott Miller

Dreamfleet's 737-400, FS2002 & Windows 7 Problem

Having a problem with Dreamfleet's 737400 and FS2002 on my new 64 bit Windows 7 system.  The DF737 loads ok but as soon as I switch to the 2D instrument panel, FS2002 freezes briefly, then crashes.  Well NEARLY everytime.  Once out of a hundred trys (more or less) the panel loads.  If I then switch to spot mode and try to switch back to the 2D panel again, though, FS2002 crashes.  I've tested pretty much every other aircraft I have installed in FS2002 and none I've tested (including PMDG's 737-600\700) have this problem.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I'd hate to have to dump the DF737 and FS2002 along with it (or switch back to my XP Pro system just to run it)!

On the otherhand, if the merged DF737 would run ok in FS2004 on a 64 bit Win7 system I'd be willing to give attempting the merge a try....has anyone been able to do this?

Update:  Got the problem resolved by installing the latest driver(311.56) for my GForce 650.  I get a brief "jiggle" when switching from to a view from straight on but it only happens once in each direction unless I switch to an external view and then back to the panel again.  Not a big deal.  One I can live with to be sure.  Turns out, getting FS2002 to run on Windows 7 64-bit was easier than getting Fs2004 to run on Windows 7!

I recently migrated my FS2002 from XP pro to Win7 pro 32 bit SP-1. Everything installed well except the Deam Fleet installers refused to run, even using the XP compatability featues of Win7. I was able to get the DC-9 to run fine by copying the files to the appropriate folders, but the 737 can't run because it needs certain entries written into the registry to work, even with all the fields copied.

Is there a way to get the installer to work?

Also, the Ready For Pusback 747-200 Classic S Combo crashes when I try to connect to FS2002 because of a Direct-X compatibility issue. It can't write to the sound engine of FS. Do I need an earlier version of Direct-X, or I'd it something else?

People still use FS2002?  Wow!

I remember the DF 737 - was great back in the day :-)

Yup, I was perfectly happy using 2002 all this time. It makes a pretty good procedures sim to help with my real world flying. I built up a large collection of add on aircraft, and was reluctant to upgrade to FS-X, and upgrading is a pain. So now I got a new computer, Win 7 (I refuse to put win 8 on it), and there are some new add ons for FS-X only that I want, so I broke down and got FS-X. Meanwhile, until I build up my FS-X collection, I will continue to use 2002 in the interim.