Sign in to follow this  
noels7

Problem saving flight

Hi

I am having a problem saving a flight using Radar Contactwhen using PMDG 777-200 and 737NGX.

All other aircraft produce 4 files, 1 of which is a .RCD file.
Using Ctrl -Shift-; 3 files are saved in My Documents/Flight Simulator X files which are:

300-56195-VRMM-OMDB-1$1.FLT

300-56195-VRMM-OMDB-1$1.FSSAVE

300-56195-VRMM-OMDB-1$1.WX

From reading and searching Google and Avsim fora all 3 files should be as named and
another file saved as .RCD file.

Would be appreciative of any assistance/advice to overcome the problem I am experiencing.

Regards

noels7

Noel Southam

Check the path set up in RadarContact/.FLT/.WX Path: (You can see it in the last line of the RC Options window.)

It should point to the same folder where the FSX files you mentioned are stored. It probably doesn't. Change it to its correct path.

The rcd file you're looking for has been stored to a different folder. A search by the full name, including the extension RCD, should bring it up again.

olli4740

Thanks for your response.

I had already checked correct path and searched my computer for RCD files.

I have found the problem. It appears that either left side Shift or Ctrl buttons on my keyboard is somehow intermittent when selected.

New keyboard which is cleaned weekly when I vacuum house etc.

After approx 50 operations of Ctrl + Shift +; all working correctly and RCD file is now saved by using said buttons on right side of keyboard.

I will return keyboard and get another new one.

Regards

noels7

Noel Southam

The development team recommends to save via the FSX 'Save Flight' feature, selecting the item from the menu bar. RC "listens" to this command and will save its own state (*.RCD file) automatically/accordingly.

The advantage is

• you don't 'muddle up' with double key assignments
  • all four files can be saved by a "telling name" like "From_To_Aircraft_SavedAtWaypointX" or however you want to name those files.

if you make a log, i can tell you where your .rcd files are going.

what is your .flt/.wx path set to?

olli4740 and jd

Many thanks for your assistance. Problem is solved and will in future use(and tested ok) save flight

via FSX menu.

JD the .rcd files were not being created (see #3 above). Believe me I thoroughly searched manually

in every recess of my computer. My .flt/.wx path was set correctly.

Again thanks olli4740 and jd for your help. Appreciated.

Regards

noels7

Noel Southam