Sign in to follow this  
mcgoldri

Loss of Textures

Hi,

In recent days, I've had occasions where I lose the textures of my aircraft, AI aircraft, and scenery.  Trying to quit the flight causes FS2004 to crash.  I'm not sure what I might have done.

System: Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 Processor 2.2 GHz / 8GB RAM / 320GB HDD / EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 9400 GT w/ 1GB RAM / AUDIGY Sound Card.

Thanks.

John

:lol: Hi there! firstly how big is your FS9 file,if you have a large amount of add on`s it could be your processor is struggling to keep pace with demands,i have a 3.2 gzh ramped up to 4 gzh and i still get the 'greys',this since my FS9 has grown quite big.although my frame rates are always good.

Cheers.

Alcan. :rolleyes:

Hi Alcan,

The total (everything) for my FS9 folder is 24.6 GB--I've added a lot of A/C recently ...

John

That has nothing to do with it...  Did you recently add the American Airlines AI package from World of AI by any chance?

What else have you installed recently?

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hi,

Yes,I have installed in the past two or so weeks: AA, Delta, American, Allegiant, United, US Air from WOAI. Are there issues with any of these?  I've added some of the new SSP 773s or TDS 737s or 787s, but have deleted most of those.

I have established a number of "aliases" for various sound files for the same sort of A/C to cut down on overall volume, but the same problem persists. 

One thing I will do tomorrow (its evening in KPHL) is used some compressed air to blow out my PC.  Maybe the video card is overheating?

Thanks.

John

Hi John.

Another thing you may benefit from it to read the pinned thread "A Huge FPS Increase" above.  Although quite lengthy it does contain pearls of wisdom some of which may even be germain to your problem.

Hi all,my total FS9 file is 30.7 gig and when i go to the task manager when the "greys" are happening my C PU usage is in the high nineties so i guess this has something to do with the problem as this decreases the colours reappear. :(

I have also had grey textures after installing the new AA package from WOAI. Try uninstalling just this package through the WOAI installer and see if that fixes the problem.

Kev

See my post here:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423625-new-woai-installed-today-from-files-here-united-american-problem/?view=getnewpost

Fix the 777-300 New Colors texture and all is well.

Alan,

No, your problem is something else.  My CPU usage is 100% (on my FS9 core) and my FS install is 37 gigs.  Your issue is something else entirely. 

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Hi Everybody.

Thanks for the input. 

1. The pointer to the FPS discussion and the "Alpha Searcher" software have been helpful.  It will also require a lot of work !

2. Removing the WOAI AA package seems to have eliminated the "greying" of the textures.

I am curious, though, about how to fix AA 777-300 texture (mentioned above); prior to removing, I did see one big two-engine "grey" A/C at KORD.  An AA plane?  My experience with this problem is an incorrect line in aircraft.cfg.

John

Hi Everybody.

Thanks for the input. 

1. The pointer to the FPS discussion and the "Alpha Searcher" software have been helpful.  It will also require a lot of work !

2. Removing the WOAI AA package seems to have eliminated the "greying" of the textures.

I am curious, though, about how to fix AA 777-300 texture (mentioned above); prior to removing, I did see one big two-engine "grey" A/C at KORD.  An AA plane?  My experience with this problem is an incorrect line in aircraft.cfg.

John

Hi John,

Are you familiar with dxtbmp?  The only thing you have to do is open the file and resave it.  Alternatively if you search the library I also believe there are alternative files uploaded....

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk