Sign in to follow this  
Highiron

JustFlight's DC-8

For anyone who has noticed the release of JustFlight's DC-8, I just wanted to post that it works fine in Prepar3D v1.4.

It doesn't come with a P3D installer, I used the Estonia Migrator tool, but I'm sure other methods will work just as well. There is no issue with it's functionality in P3D as I have seen yet. There are some bugs that they will have to fix with it, but overall it's a pretty descent aircraft. It beats not having one at all. External model is really good and the VC is about, to slightly less on par with Captain Sim and is what I would rate as a 7 out of 10. It does come with lots of popular liveries which is a bonus in my view. System wise at the moment I would put it in the slightly above "Lite" category, not basic but not intense either. Experienced users will get it running in not too short an order, but may need a few tips from the manual. Beginners or novices will likely need to take more time with the instructions. The product is very similar to what Captain Sim would create if your looking for a reference that you may be able to relate to.

Cheers,

Cpt. Thad Wheeler

preview_prepar3dbarcode0.jpg?rev=0

Good to know Thad.Thank You.

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Sorry 'bout necro-posting this (well it hasn't been that long yet) but I was wondering if anyone is running JF DC8 in P3dV2.2 and what their thoughts are?  Now that its had some time to receive some patches I've been thinking about it since I like the older steam jets.

Thanks in Advance

RE Thomason Jr.

Hmmm...., is there anyone using the DC8 in P3dv2.2?

RE Thomason Jr.

Running OK here in P3Dv2.2.  I'm not one to dig very deep and look for trouble, just a simple flight sim pilot. No problems that I have seen however, and although it's been a while since I flew it, I recall it handled rather nicely. Perhaps I'll take it up again tonight and report back. 

Cheers, 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

That would be great thanks.

RE Thomason Jr.

I flew the thing in FSX and P3DV2.2 and must report that performance, whilst in the VC, is not very smooth, mostly during turns. I switched to the low res model and it did improve, but I'd like to see something done about it. Removing the HSI gauge from the panel.cfg improved performance dramatically, BTW. Other than that I like the aircraft and found no problems with migrating it to P3DV2.2. 

Cheers, 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

Thanks for the update, now I can put that on my list.

I'm having very bad FPS on the 2.3 with the DC8. Not sure why.

Does the 50 to 70 series work in 2.3?