Sign in to follow this  
RudiJG1

Error was 2

I've reinstalled Fixer to update it to the latest version following Steve's procedure here: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/423381-updating-to-a-new-release-flight-sim-store/

However, I can't install the libraries; I get the following error message: Error copying E:\FSX\Effects\texture\fx_2.bmp. Error was 2

Any suggestions on how to best address this would be gratefully appreciated, thanks.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Error 2 is file not found, have you converted bit maps to dds files using some tool?

Is there a fx_2 file in that directory and what is its extension?

Thanks for the reply, Steve, and I'm away from my FSX computer right now. I'll check later this evening and do have a vanilla FSX backup I could pull that effects file from if necessary.

I don't recall doing any conversions to those particular files.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

Ok, let me know what you find. There were some people previously who had envmaps converted to dds files, so it's the only thing I can think of. I have put an installer check in build 25 to fail a little more gracefully - assuming that I am correct on this.

There is no fx_2.bmp in the Effects/texture folder...not sure why. Other required files were missing from the Effects folder itself, and again, I have no idea what add-on may have eliminated them.

I've replaced them with my backup copies, and the library installation went well. I'll now take a look at FSX ingame to be sure all's working as it should.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

FSX with DX10 Fixer 1.1 v 24 looks terrific, Steve...thanks!

No idea why I'm missing some of those Effects files...replacing them from my backup seems to have solved the installation issue with no other issues.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png