Sign in to follow this  
daniel.burke01

Pushback with GSX and the 777 Hydraulics

Hello All,

I've noticed that when using GSX with the 777 for pushback, I cannot have ANY of the hydraulic units switched on or to auto.  If I do, this causes the rudder and nose gear to have crazy movements, as I would expect because they are hydraulicly powered, and trying to be turned by an outside source whose bypass pin seems to take no effect.  So my question being, does GSX just not work properly with the 777 to "bypass the hydraulics" with it's "bypass pin" or does the 777 in RL actually have to be pushed back with no hydraulic power and engines must remain off until pushback is complete? (something I can't imagine happening)....I am ASSUMING that the GSX bypass pin and PMDG 777 just don't work together, or am I really missing something here?

Thanks for your comments in advance!

-Dan Burke-

I would assume switching C1 & C2 ELEC off during pushback and engine start would be a workaround.

Rob Prest

Hi,

is there a solution of this issue?

- turning off all hydraulics - engines will not start

- turning off only CENTER SYSTEM (which powers nose wheel) - doesn't help

Lucas

Hey ,

My solution is to push and once gnd eqpt is disconnected, start the ignition process. that way p/b is really smooth when lookin at the tiller