Sign in to follow this  
Crouton

Maximum speed for Airbus X

So I got the Airbus X, in the real world the max speed is 470 IAS. But in FSX its only 340. So I got to aircraft.cfg change the max to 470 but nothing changes. What could be the problem? I did save aircraft.cfg.

image.php?name=Anton%20O'Malley&spos=APC

I fly the A320 and A319. I just checked the limits in my FM and it says max IAS is 350.

AIRSPEED – MAXIMUM

This limit must not be intentionally exceeded in any flight regime. VMO/MMO 350 KIAS/.82 Mach

Perhaps OP is confusing indicated airspeed with true airspeed. I certainly don't think the airbus will hit 470kn indicated. :huh:

470kts indicated is WAY to much..

Normal operational max is around 340 INDICATED on the speedtape.. 
This get's lower, the higher you get..
300 indicated at 10000ft is not the same as 300 indicated at FL320

My first guess was that he confuses IAS and GS! 470kts ground speed sounds reasonable to me, but I've never tried pushing the plane across maybe 330 IAS.

Yeah, 470 GS or even TAS is pretty normal.

IAS, No way, it would rip it apart.

My first guess was that he confuses IAS and GS! 470kts ground speed sounds reasonable to me, but I've never tried pushing the plane across maybe 330 IAS.

Yea your probably right, I am no pilot, but then could you answer what is normal cruising speed?

The max cruise speed will depend on your cruising altitude, as at some point the maximum allowable Mach number will come into effect rather than maximum allowable knots - but IIRC, it's somewhere between 280 and 290kts IAS at FL320-FL360 (not sure about those numbers). That's most likely about Mach .78

The max cruise speed will depend on your cruising altitude, as at some point the maximum allowable Mach number will come into effect rather than maximum allowable knots - but IIRC, it's somewhere between 280 and 290kts IAS at FL320-FL360 (not sure about those numbers). That's most likely about Mach .78

+1

The OP is, I think, confusing IAS with TAS, but that aside, it's more relevent to consider Mach for max cruising speed in any airliner.     I think the max cruise speed in the A32X is M0.80 but as Florian said, normal cruise speed that 99% of operations would be using, would be M0.78.

+1

The OP is, I think, confusing IAS with TAS, but that aside, it's more relevent to consider Mach for max cruising speed in any airliner.     I think the max cruise speed in the A32X is M0.80 but as Florian said, normal cruise speed that 99% of operations would be using, would be M0.78.

Ok thanks for your answers! I'll try to research this more! Once again big thanks!