Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RKillins

Over Dramatic Bloom?

I've been enjoying DX10 with FSX ever since it's been discovered that it can be successfully used.

But, I'm encountering this phenomenon that I'm too happy with. I'm not too savvy with terminology, but I will assume my disappointment is with "bloom"?

jqlv.jpg

y9ls.jpg

The sun, I can live with ... the runway lights OK, but one would think that the lights were reflecting off fog or something. What I find very distracting, is the ground illumination of streetlighting, building lighting etc from the air, and the blob of light from the illuminated city on the horizon.

I wasn't able to get a picture, but an AI aircraft flew across my field of view in pic #2 above. It was a blob of yellow with flickering blobs of red and green. It was hardly distinguishable as an aircraft ... it was just light!

I'm not sure what I need to do to reduce the over dramatized effect shown here. Any suggestions?

I use REX Essentials+ overdrive, AS2012, and Steves DX10 Fixer 1.1.26.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

The second slider down in the General Shader Dialog allows you to adjust the bloom factor applied to lights as I thought that the default value was excessive.

Also you can turn bloom off altogether in the FSX settings

In 1.2 (not released yet)  I have added two more sliders and options for bloom tuning - so that you can for example disable lighting bloom whilst retaining other forms.

The second slider down in the General Shader Dialog allows you to adjust the bloom factor applied to lights as I thought that the default value was excessive.

Also you can turn bloom off altogether in the FSX settings

In 1.2 (not released yet)  I have added two more sliders and options for bloom tuning - so that you can for example disable lighting bloom whilst retaining other forms.

WOW!

This sounds very promising!

Great work Steve!

Cheers, Christoph