Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Those fellow fsx users with lots of add-ons

I have had all sims now on my system and XPX just works with how want to sim fly.

As of late, I have been knocking around with the helicopters and having the time of my life,  esp. with the Nils Danielson BKK and Truscenry airports(which look and run great at helicopter altitudes).  I am changing around my home cockpuit config to be more heli friendly.

Recently I was getting weird driver induced blue screens and decided to reinstall windows the other day, which I did in one night.  Since XPX was on it's own separate hard drive, I just had to click the exe and voila, the sim was right back where I left it with no re-install.  Gotta love that!

"Recently I was getting weird driver induced blue screens and decided to reinstall windows the other day, which I did in one night.  Since XPX was on it's own separate hard drive, I just had to click the exe and voila, the sim was right back where I left it with no re-install.  Gotta love that!"

imho this may be the greatest feature of xplane. After spending months of my life everytime I got a new computer (usually every other year) reinstalling fs, hunting up ancient web passwords to get software passwords that usually had expired requiring re getting them-for 100's of add ins- this was a nightmare-and usually at least 5 things I had paid for were sacrified in the process.

How elegant to just backup the xplane folder Reminds me how nice the first version of windows was where you could restore your entire system by cassette tape in about 30 minutes. The introduction of the windows registry imho destroyed all for users imho.