Sign in to follow this  
park86

autopilot disconnects when touching yoke keys

The autopilot disconnects if I touch anything on my CH yoke like the hat switch.  I know it is supposed to disengage when the controls are moved but the sensitivity with this is extreme.  I have recalibrated several times and do not have the problem on the 737 ngx or 747.  Anyway to change the sensitivity or turn it off completely?

Set a small null zone on your yoke, that should fix it.

I have adjusted the null zone and same problem even when touching the hat switch. Only happens on this plane.

The intro manual answered my issue. Yes, it is sometimes useful to read the manuals!. If realistic a/p is set to on the the airplane must be trimmed and FD centered for a/p to engage. Pretty impressive.

Yes indeed, but that doesn't answer your original question. ie. How do you stop the AP from disconnecting when you use the hat-switch for instance.

I would like an answer to that too. After about 15 - 30 min in flight the a/p disconnects if I move the hat switch but OK initially.

You need re calibrate your yoke in FSX that should fix it

ZORAN

I wish that would work but is doesn't. I have recalibrated several times both within FSX and with the CH control and the problem persists. It behaves as if I didn't disable the realistic setting which I did.