Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

47box

Installation Problem.

Hi,

I just got my product (X-Plane 10 Global) and I tried two times the installation without success.

The second time that I tried install I used the installer provide for the "X-Plane website"( http://www.x-plane.com/downloads/x-plane_10_installer-updater/ ) , but I did not have success too.

The problem  was: - when the third cd is processing he does not finish the installation!!!

It´s stop here :

Installing: GlobalScenary / Earth nav data / +30+080/+37+081.dsf

Never goes out from that!!! 

Someone can help me? Need I ask for new product?

Obs.: I´ve tried use the installer in compatible mode (windows7)....it did the same problem at third CD!!!

My system:

OS.: Win8 / MOBO rampageIV extreme \I73930 \ GTX690 \ 16G memory......I have one SSD 120G for X-Plane .

Apreciate a help.

Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Unfortunately it sounds like you have a corrupt third DVD.

You could try installing X-Plane without selecting the area of corrupt scenery. e.g. Try just installing X-Plane and just selecting a small part of the US, e.g. New York. If it installs, then at least you can identify that it's the CD and not a problem on your computer.

Check the working side of your third disc for fingerprints, smudges, etc.  If at all dirty, it will not read properly.  Otherwise, you need a new disc.

John

Something you can sometimes do is use image burning software to make a backup of a disk. If the software encounters a bad sector, it will keep trying. If it finally gets what it needs after several tries, it moves on and you can end up with a good image from a bad disc. Then you can mount (virtual drive) or burn the rescued data.