Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MajorMike

What happens if I uninstall FSX acceleration pack and reinstall it

I have a problem with the locked version of the RAAS supplied with the Aerosoft Airbus. On running FSX I get a message saying it is not recommended to use RAAS and indeed if I click yes to use it the FSX crashes. If I say no the FSX works fine but without the RAAS.

The FS2Crew support suggest I may have a corrupt Simconnect file and need to install the SP2 or Acceleration pack . From what I understand  I would need to uninstall the Acceleration pack and reinstall it which I understand will rewrite my FSXConfig file.

My reason for explaining this is will I need to reinstall the DX10 scenery fixer after reinstalling the Acceleration pack

Thank-you.

Michael

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

That's a slightly tricky question as its a scenario I haven't specifically tested. However   if you run DX10 Controller and uninstall the libraries, then it has no connection with the FSX install. Thus as far as I can think you are then fine to install FSX Acceleration, then run the controller and install the libraries (this assumes that you install FSX to the same place).

You will of course lose any changes you made with DX10 Toolbox and or any Light Fields that  you installed.

Michael, In addition to Steve's comments - re your fsx.cfg - simply copy it somewhere so that you have all of your config settings safe.

As a matter of best practice - if you haven't already - develop, at minimum - a backup strategy for all of your flight sim files, your home directories, etc., and beyond that - your entire Operating System's hard drive.

There are a number of free such applications on the net, plus Win7's own backup system.

Here are a couple of free ones which I have used -  Macrium Reflect Imaging, and FBackup, and here's another eleven to take a peep at!

All the Best,

pj