Sign in to follow this  
Lurk

DX10 glitch with bloom enabled

thx stevejp, didn't know it was out and will download it immediately regardless of bloom. fortunately SweetFX is not making me miss FSX bloom, but if someone at REX tried a flight in my same area with their clouds and bloom enabled, they'd probably be scratching their heads wondering what the hell all those black flashing squares are.

OK Lurk, please do the following:

1. Advise which location or ICAO code you're experiencing the issues.

2. Advise which cloud texture sets are loaded into the sim via REX.

3. Email me a screenshot of your REX Options Manager.

4. Email me your graphics settings in FSX.

5. I will then advise of my findings.

I will send you a private mail here on the forum with my email address.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

thx timest for your reply and sorry for the crude way to capture your attention. I'm about to find some rest, please expect an e-mail from me within the next 24hrs with all the details you requested. Your attention is very much appreciated.

Luca,

I received your email, and the protocol you used. Below outlines the EXACT protocol on my end. The ONLY difference is I couldn't locate clouds flying directly out of LIMF so I slewed to the nearest area (LIPY)to capture the following shots. Also attached here are my settings for REX and FSX that exactly match yours, as well as the REX WASYS (weather engine) running.

You see, there are no black square issues. Please understand our user base is extremely vast, and this has never been brought to our attention in regards to support.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

hi Tim, and thank you very much for the time taken (great ss's, btw!)

I knew this wouldn't be an easy one to solve, the problem is that those squares are next to impossible to capture with a screenshot they are so fast, and maybe the bug is related to the fact that I'm flying straight in the face of the Alps, while you took your flight on a coastal and rather flat area. I hope you have the time for a trial flight in the same fashion I've indicated in my e-mail climbing patiently over 10000ft straight 360° in your VC and see those suckers flash before you!

Next thing I can do on my behalf is post a video, the only real way to capture the bug.

thx again for your patience and attention.

Actually I did take time within the flight, approx 32 minutes from ground level to FL010, panned in every view possible, moved camera positions, turned bloom on and off, changed settings, time of day, etc., etc. Never once an issue with what you're reporting. In over 8 years of developing I never once encountered this problem.

I can't imagine scenery would have any direct affect on clouds etc., UNLESS you're overloading your GPU or severely overclocking. The only thing I can suggest is make sure your drivers are up-to-date, set ALL REX AND FSX options to the lowest settings possible and test again.

Tim Fuchs
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

support www.rexaxis.com

Thx Tim, but please let me know if you ever get the time to take off from LIMF, as in my humble opinion testing in another area defeats the whole purpose of narrowing down the bug. I'm beginning to suspect clouds are being drawn "inside" the mesh, this far I've come with my beliefs I'm so puzzled as to what is happening.

As for your last suggestions, I can assure you I've already tried the untriable with all settings reduced to minimum, super-updated drivers (although I've had this problem ever since I installed FSX more than a year ago), and last time I've ever attempted overclocking it was on a Pentium 233MMX!.

On a side note, also my previous set of video-cards gave me the same exact result.

Maybe you can still bear with me a little longer, I'm still hoping to nail this down.

Cheers and thx 4 your support.

p.s. on my behalf and before attempting to record a video, I can try a flight in the area you departed from yesterday and see if I still encounter the bug. If I do, the problem is either mine or a bug with the way ATI handles this particular bloom shader in their last 2 generations of cards, supposing you are using Nvidia and having read on this other thread that a couple other members are having this bug as well.

Ok, my latest finding is that I'm glitching just the same (very same exact type of bug) at LIPY, so I'm calling it a truce, disabling FSX bloom, forgetting about it and enjoy flying since everything else is running smooth as butter.

Thanx to all for your involvment :smile:

I'm the guy of the first page that had the same issue and it's happening when climbing or descending in a particular altitude and of course always with clouds in the sky. I use also REX. 

I have not the knowledge to make a video so please as a last thing just post a video to help developers understand better the issue. 

As for another guy that wondered about the bloom, i think the best thing with bloom is the real-like shining of the sun! Sometimes i catch myself close slighlty my eyes as we all

do when in real life look the sun directly and this AMAZING and adds to the reality of the sim! I love it especially at dawns and dusks. 

howdy guy from the first page :wink: , glad to see you chiming in again!

I personally gave up bloom, because it's the easiest way to get rid (and apparently the only way atm) of this dreaed glitch a few of us seem to be experimenting.

I too miss the subtle but nice touch of bloom, and the bloom effect from SweetFX is just not the same.

I promise to get back here with a video asap.