Sign in to follow this  
Sonar5

FS 2004 hanging when alt-tabbing to windows???

Anyone else experience this? Alt-tab to windows and then when I want to go back to FS 2004 it has hanged. No issues in game. Never used to have this problem before so no idea what happened.

Did you change the driver for your Video card (may even happen when installing XP SP2).Which is the most probable cause..Rob

Running with the 66.93 drivers. Will try the 61.77 later which I used most of the time. Though from what I remember I didn

I had that problem, probably still do. I don't alt-tab to windows anymore, my keyboard has a little windows symbol on it, most keyboards do, when I push mine it takes me right to the desktop, no worries about hanging.

Guest jscharpf

This is a shot in the dark but I had it happen to me. No other problems, etc.. same thing as you.I found out that there was some message (like maybe a warning about the real weather not being able to download, or a different plane that you would need to load, etc.) I found that if I ALT-TAB'd and found FS9 "locked", I would hit ALT ENTER to change the windowed mode.. and find a message waiting for an "OK"..maybe has nothing to do with your problem but just thought it might help.Jeff

Guest av84fun

I had the same problem. One smart guy here posted the fix. Use Ctrl/Alt/Del insteatd. Works like a champ.

Guest DemolitionMan

Try using WINDOWS+M , works a treat, I've never had problems with it. Hope this helps!BestGrahame (EDHL)

or ensure you always start FS9 in windowed mode.i used to start it full screen,and then it would hang if you alt-tabbed out,now i start it windowed,then alt-tab to full screen,no problems anymore.tata.JP

Wow awesome. 5 replies and 5 different solutions. Well will try it some of it ought to work but will try all of them ;)

Guest Captain Barfbag

I had a similar problem for a while, with FS2002. It wasn't really hung up, but I couldn't see anything (blank screen.) I discovered that alt-Enter would take me out of full-screen, and then things would work. Then I could alt-Enter again to get back to full screen, and all would be fine.I was playing around with other video settings, like changing anti-aliasing and such. When I was done, I went back to my original setup, and from then on I have not had this problem. I'm using an ATI card with Omega drivers.

Mine used to do the same thing, and I multi-task all the time.Since installing the 61.77, I can alt-tab to my hearts content, no need to go to windowed mode. I think I got the 61.77 after the SP2 patch but I'm not sure, so I can't say for 100% certainty it was the driver vs. something in XP.Regards,Joe

CryptoSonar on Twitch & YouTube.