Sign in to follow this  
ildifra

Wheels brake at touchdown ...bug ?

Ciao to everyone,I need some help to fix my problem..

As always I set autobrakes and I arm it before landing,but since some months now I notice that as soon as I touch runway on landing I see "red brakes word" on monitor when in really i don''t touch pedals...

Is this a known bug ?before summer this was not happening...

Thanks in advance for help...

Luca

It sounds like you're describing the normal operation of the autobrakes. You set them prior to landing, and then when you touch down the system applies the brakes automatically.

Steve Caffey

I'm seeing the same thing recently. I don't recall the 'brakes' indicator showing during the operation of the autobrake before, perhaps I just missed it. If I tap my brake pedals the 'brakes' light goes out.

Steve Dwyer
Z370 GAMING M5 (MS-7B58)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 3696 Mhz
MSI GeForce RTX 3060 12GB
Installed Physical Memory  32.0 GB

Well, the whole point of having autobrakes is so that on touchdown, the brakes are applied automatically, as the name implies. If you tap the brake pedals, that just disengages the autobrakes, hence the brake light goes out.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

Does that mean I should be getting a red "brakes" word on the monitor? I've never seen this before.

If you set the simulator to display that message, then yes, once the brakes engage, it should come up.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

The red "Break" text has allways been there when autobreaks applies. You must have missed it. 

If you set the simulator to display that message, then yes, once the brakes engage, it should come up.

Oh, now I remember what you're talking about. Ya, I somehow disabled that years ago. Cool, I thought I had something wrong for a minute there...and YEE HAW....someone finally replied to one of my posts in this forum!!! It's amazing how things work when you follow the rules and sign your dang posts!

Oh, now I remember what you're talking about. Ya, I somehow disabled that years ago. Cool, I thought I had something wrong for a minute there...and YEE HAW....someone finally replied to one of my posts in this forum!!! It's amazing how things work when you follow the rules and sign your dang posts!

Well, I wasn't paying attention to that. I just respond to posts if I know the answer, as I don't own the PMDG 737 NGX.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg