Sign in to follow this  
Groovin_DC-10

Fying Through Clouds in Our Sim Vs. Real Life

I do look at clouds as they make amazing visuals in cruise. Unfortunately, that's all they are good for in FSX. It would be nice to have to worry about icing and turbulence in clouds, but even in a thunderstorm in FSX I have nothing to worry about.

One request I'd love to see implemented is the beacon, landing and strobe lights reflecting in clouds.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

One request I'd love to see implemented is the beacon, landing and strobe lights reflecting in clouds.

That would be amazing.

I just looked at the cloud options in AS2012 but couldn't find a setting for "limit visibility in clouds".  Maybe I'm looking in the wrong options setting?

On the Visibility Options tab--Reduce Visibility in Cloud Layers.

Make sure your AS12 is updated to Build 4826.

On the Visibility Options tab--Reduce Visibility in Cloud Layers.

Make sure your AS12 is updated to Build 4826.

Whoa!  I just realized I haven't installed any service packs!  I normally just open up AS2012, go do something for 5-10 mins, come back, minimize AS, and open FSX.  It's been the same routine since I got it when it first came out.

I haven't been paying attention to the messages on the AS menu and just noticed the SP releases.  I'm on build 4363.  I feel pretty stupid now lol.

I will install SP1 and 2 before my next flight.

Thank you very much, Jim.

i would also like to see the lights reflecting in the clouds and also on the ground (like in xp10 and infinite flight) that'd be awesome

I don't know, but I flew underneath a menacing cloud bank last night in dx10, and it looked pretty darned realistic. I use ASN and REX Direct.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor