Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Anyone know which add-on is producing these cfg files?

I'd be curious to know what keeps creating these cfg files in my main FS9 folder. They all have names which use non-standard characters - ÿÿÿÿ.CFG and the like. They contain just this:

[engine.0]
accumulated_time=0.000000
[engine.1]
accumulated_time=0.000000

Googling it didn't lead to anything... but I know I am the world's worst 'Googler'! Anyone else have the same kind of thing?

Martin

Seems to me that this is related to some maintenance log

Some aircraft have a maintenance log available

Hi Martin,

The sample you show looks the same as all the other aircraft files kept in ../documents and settings/... .../fs9/aircraft/[name of aircraft]/   I thought all current planes, user and AI, create one of these or modify it, whenever FS9 loads. I delete mine every now and again when I'm on a defrag mission just to keep the folders up-to-date.

I've never seen one appear in the FS9 main folder. It might be worth looking at the Docs & Settings lot to see if there's a duplicate there with a more readable name or a more readable folder name. Look at the 'modified' dates and times, that might give a pointer.

Alternatively, do you have any add-on planes in ../FS9/aircraft/ with unusual characters or accented letters in their folder name? (I've noticed that the version I have of Aircraft Analyzer can't handle accents on letters and messes up the main aircraft.cfg files' entries with blank characters so it may be something similar, which can't handle those letters and prints gibberish in their place.)

Cheers,

D

edit: p. s. The samply you gave shows it's a twin-engined plane. I think the accumulated engine time only increases for user planes so I suppose the one you show is AI.

These are the files that FS uses to keep track of engine time - otherwise your hobbs meters in your various aircraft would start from zero with every flight.

I sort of assumed it to be an AI a/c for the same reason (always zero values), but ..?? I never used to have appear them in the main FS9 folder - I am sure it is one particular a/c, but I can't think of a way to find which one.

I can't trace any other similar cfg files (FS9/App Data has all state.cfg files of course), and I have no a/c with odd folder names.

I can just delete (or hide) these files I suppose. They don't appear often, but they slowly accumulate, and I don't reall want more files in the main FS9 folder..

Thanks,

Martin