Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Full VC sunshine even under overcast skies

Just like with Flight, the VC sunrays are full and bright regardless of the overcast conditions.

If any shadows were to be cast from clouds, at a minimum this should be corrected.

Sounds like something legitimate to send to LM.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Cloud shadows are supposed to be coming in a later point release, I presume this would be eradicated then, I hope.

Cheers, Andy.

Cloud shadows are supposed to be coming in a later point release, I presume this would be eradicated then, I hope.

Oh, you mean these cloud shadows?

PR7J.jpg

They're in there now.  They're crap, and need a lot of work, but definitely there...

They're in there now.  They're crap, and need a lot of work, but definitely there...

Must be something different going on there because LM clearly stated the current version has no cloud shadows. 

Must be something different going on there because LM clearly stated the current version has no cloud shadows. 

Nope, it's cloud shadows.  They can be enabled in the .cfg file.

They are disabled for a reason, there is also no menu item to enable them for a reason.

Cheers, Andy.

They are disabled for a reason, there is also no menu item to enable them for a reason.

Correct.  They're incomplete and don't work properly, but they're definitely in there.  I was just demonstrating that it can be done, not that it should...

Oh, you mean these cloud shadows?

Based on that screenshot I'm just seeing cloud reflections in the water (which by the way looks very unrealistic - as do all reflections in the ocean. I've only seen such reflections in still water/lakes).

If those dark patches are meant to be shadows, well, then there's a reason why it isn't available in the settings menu :)

Simmerhead - Making the virtual skies unsafe since 1987! 

Based on that screenshot I'm just seeing cloud reflections in the water (which by the way looks very unrealistic - as do all reflections in the ocean. I've only seen such reflections in still water/lakes).

If those dark patches are meant to be shadows, well, then there's a reason why it isn't available in the settings menu :)

Those dark patches are indeed the cloud shadows.  If you look carefully you can also see them on land at the bottom towards the right.  And like I said, they're far from complete or ready for use... but there nevertheless.  Gives one hope that we'll see them properly implemented come v2.1  B)

Sounds like something legitimate to send to LM.

I mentioned this issue already a couple of days ago at the P3D forum, nobody responded to that.

FSX had this feature, dont know why P3D has this unrealistic approach...

Intel Core i9-9900K - ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula | Intel Z390 - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3  -2x1TB Samsung 970 PRO - 1000W Corsair HXi Platinum Series  - Corsair H150i Pro RGB