Sign in to follow this  
cotycomair

PMDG MD11 winglet problem

Hello everyone,

Just got the PMDG MD11 and im having problems with the winglets and wingflex. The winglets come unattached when airborne and the wing wont move or bounce at all. Ive tried uninstalling FSX and PMDG but it wont do anything. Here are some pictures showing the winglets unattached from the wing. Any help is appreciate it! Thank you!

-Isaias

Just a guess here, but do you have advanced animations enabled? It's under the global options section of the display settings.

Let me guess, only the inboard flaps and slats extend? I had this issue on my previous computer. Does your VC look OK? My problem was that I didn't have SP2 for FSX installed, mainly because it wasn't compatible with my computer's graphics card. Upon purchasing a new computer the problem went away, though I appreciate this might not be the solution for everybody. Please check if advanced animations is turned on, as Jon said. If it is, as weird as it may sound, try turning it OFF and see what happens. With me, I received no wing flex but at least the winglet stopped 'dancing' in the air!

Just a guess here, but do you have advanced animations enabled? It's under the global options section of the display settings.

Thank you Jonathan, that solved my problem! It was the advanced animations, I was a little fustrated because couldnt figure it out. Thanks again!!

-Isaias

Let me guess, only the inboard flaps and slats extend? I had this issue on my previous computer. Does your VC look OK? My problem was that I didn't have SP2 for FSX installed, mainly because it wasn't compatible with my computer's graphics card. Upon purchasing a new computer the problem went away, though I appreciate this might not be the solution for everybody. Please check if advanced animations is turned on, as Jon said. If it is, as weird as it may sound, try turning it OFF and see what happens. With me, I received no wing flex but at least the winglet stopped 'dancing' in the air!

Thank you Crimtye for the reply. My problem was the advanced animations being disabled. I dont have the best PC out there so the VC looks a little rough in some areas and my video card is not powerful enough to run SP2. The holidays are coming up so is time for me to upgrade and get a new PC. Appreciate your help! thanks!

-Isaias

What is there in SP2 that makes graphics cards incompatible?!

Best regards,

Robin.

Nothing. Best I can guess people started seeing weird things and assumed so, while in fact it was broken scenery.