Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slovride

FS Recorder CTD Please Help

RS Recorder always worked until lately. Not at FSX start up I get this and then CTD

You should select Yes when asked about installing third-party software. This message is normal when you first install a program and then start up FSX. If you select yes, it will go into the Trusted section of the Fsx.cfg. If you are getting a subsequent CTD, I recommend checking at the FS Recorder forum for a possible fix. Here's one link - http://www.fs-recorder.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=727.

Best regards,

Jim

ok thanks will go to fs recorder forum, because every time I click yes I get the ctd, will update if I find a solution.

You should select Yes when asked about installing third-party software. This message is normal when you first install a program and then start up FSX.

Jim--this is not the same message as the "do you want to run software by xxxxxxx?" dialog that comes up the first time software is run.  I believe this message is triggered in FSX when a dll called by FSX fails to load.

My guess is that either the recorder dll has been corrupted, or he recently installed something that conflicts with the recorder module, given that it was working before.

Regards

this is not the same message as the "do you want to run software by xxxxxxx?" dialog that comes up the first time software is run.

You are right Bob. Thanks for the correction. I'm looking at so many different messages I sometimes get confused. I found several similar CTD's like this (where this exact error message comes up when you start up FSX) on the FS Recorder website but none had any solutions. I think people found the solution to their problem but failed to come back and provide everyone with details as to how it was fixed.

Best regards,

Jim