Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

spokes2112

F-7F article and pictures

Hi guys,

EAA and the Sport Aviation magazine has a nice little article about the tiger kitty in this months issue, publicly available here.

I can tell you from this past convention that the sound from the 'cat is so nice! Probably get jeers from this but it sounds much better than the Merlin in the P-51s! It seems to perform better too, climbs like a rocket! When the 51s had to bank out of a climb to keep up airspeed the 'cat just kept going & going & going. (Just like the energizer bunny :lol:  )  

Below are some pics I took this year, (that turned out) it really is a cool looking plane.  

Thought I'd share this with you all since we fly this bird in the race. 

Great photos Roman.  Those two R-2800's are impressive. Must have been very cool to see it live. 

Found this pic on that interweb thing. Maybe during practice try to reproduce? ( Not a problem!) 

Holy Moly ! found this one while posting elswhere..

This is where i fell in love with the "sound" !

Close the doors, hide the dog, turn it up to eleven. Why? "Because eleven is one more than ten"

The pics above is where i actually smelled the stank of the engines after this run. 

Not from Oshkosh, but rather, another excuse to remove the dust from the woofers.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/e1IM6nXsdQc

"Because eleven is one more than ten"

Nice "Spinal Tap" reference!  :lol:

Great clips!  Loved 'em!