Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sportsfan23

Fly direct?

Ok a couple times now while using RC4 the ATC has said fly direct to a certain waypoint on my FPL. Now that's great and all but how do I set the FMC to fly directly there? I tried deleting the current entry of where the plane was in the plan. In my case I had just flown a SID and it had "vectors" in purple with the next waypoint being the start of flight plan after the SID. I got cleared to that waypoint however the plane wasn't flying towards it. Obviously I messed something up. I tried to delete the "vectors" but it said invalid delete. 

For example I have mostly flown the PMDG 737 and feelthere RJ 145. In the 145 there is a direct button on the FMS so you can set it to fly to any waypoint I was not able to find this button on the 737 FMC. 

Just use the LSK key to select the waypoint after "vectors" and then insert that waypoint into the same line as "vectors" and press the Exec key to execute it. Assuming you have LNAN enabled it will fly to that next waypoint you just entered. This is basically direct to the next way point.

Theorectically you could select the last way point in your flight plan and move it to the top where the waypoint is that you are flying to and the a/c will flu direct to it.